My funny iphone vs droid story

ntrddragn

Reaction score
I just got back to work today after a long winter vacation. About 3 hours into work my co-worker came to my desk and said ''droid doesnt". I looked at him at said "ok?" he whipped out his iPhone and was playing the piano app he had and said the Droid cant do that. I said its an app of course the droid has it. I proceed to just download any piano app and showed him. I said this one is better then yours..it actually will teach me how to play also. :icon_ banana: since im was in the 'mood' to showcase.
I asked can you customized your icon?
He said: No I dont want to.
I said: Thats because you cant.
I asked: Does your iphone have turn by turn speech navi?
He said: No.
I asked: Can you iphone swype messages like this?
He said: No.
I said: DROID DOES. :icon_ devil:
My other co worker started laughing too. He went back to his desk with his tail between his legs. I have nothing against the iphone but he was asking for it by mocking my phone and thinking his is better. Good times :icon_ banana:

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
+1 Nice...... There are 2 of us in my Office that have the Droid.....Fan Bois won;t talk to us

NoKz

Reaction score
My friend has an iPhone and she's trying so hard to find something wrong with the droid. And every single time, she just finds something wrong with the iCant. So come next week, AT&T contract is up and she's getting a droid. ;)

superglen99

Reaction score
can you tell me name of said piano app? my friend has the teaching one on his iphone and I didn't know which piano to get in the market so the one I got wasnt the kinds that teaches you lol. Also us droiders still have no cat piano and dog piano like his iphone does. obvioulsy not a deal breaker but I would like both just to say droid has them!

jkayner

Reaction score
off topic but...

hey NOKZ, does your QRcode really need to be that big? the small ones work just fine

justbob

Reaction score
Any time I have an iPhone fanboy encounter, I can usually shut him up by asking him to show me how to replace the battery or upgrade the SD card.

I have nothing against the iPhone itself, just the elitist attitudes of most of the owners.

DroidCoug

Reaction score
Any time I have an iPhone fanboy encounter, I can usually shut him up by asking him to show me how to replace the battery or upgrade the SD card.

I have nothing against the iPhone itself, just the elitist attitudes of most of the owners.

o yes!:icon_ banana::greendroid::greendroid::greendroid:

kwood

Reaction score
I usually just do the google voice search and it boggles everyones minds, even the fanboi's at my work are speechless,

i convinced a guy to buy a droid over the iphone yesterday in about 5 minutes, and i only said "here play with mine for a minute." lol 5 minutes later he was on the phone with his wife and 5 minutes after that he was on the phone with VZW, lol i should be getting commision with all the customers i bring in to VZW from my work.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I really can't say that Droid is better then iPhone because I've never actually had a chance to use it but I certainly enjoy hearing stories like this one.

imiller913

Reaction score
LOL a couple of my friends have iphones and since i got my droid they don't talk to me about phone stuff anymore. But before they were trying to get me to get an iphone. It's like they don't like me anymore...... LMAO!

actrack03

Reaction score
My iPhone using co-worker is contemplating switching to a basic prepaid phone since he figured out he can't beat the functionality of my Droid. I think its funny that instead of just admitting iCan't and switching to a Droid he would rather downgrade to a basic phone.

Reaction score
I liked your story, OP :-D

I haven't encountered any friends with iphones yet trying to show me up, but I have had many people talk to me about my phone. The app I usually show is Google Sky Map. Out of the 20 or so I've shown, not a single one has said something that didn't resemble "wow, that is awesome", "now that is impressive", or "holy crap that's cool!" When I say not a single one, I literally mean it. I'm under the assumption that those of you with smug iphone owners can use a similar technique to at least make them walk away without saying anything :)