My froyo 22 issues seem to have been resolved at least for now

stacks04

Reaction score
I was having issues since the first 2.2 update that were strange to say the least, running very slow, most apps not working, video camera force closing every time you used it, maps not working right, browser bringing up old websites which had been deleted from history and cache, you tube videos and other mobile video sites would just not play. I tried everything I could to fix these to no avail. I did what I thought was my last option before going to verizon. I booted in recovery mode and did a factory reset of the phone.

Once it restarted and I did the programming of the phone and signed into google the phone has operated like a completely different phone. It does things with the menus that it never did before, the cameras work, the proper ringtones come up with the proper callers. Even swiping between home screens has changed. I since 2.2 had to push very hard to swipe over, now its just like 2.1 where the slightest touch activates the swipe movement and it switches screens.

Who knows if this will last but if it does I will be happy with 2.2 froyo again. I also still have a complete battery meter which I never had almost 2 hrs after unpluggin it from the charger since 2.2 came out.

pistacio

Reaction score
My battery and performance issues after froyo have been fixed by a complete discharge, pull battery for 15 minutes then a complete charge. Now I get at least 16 hrs of moderate use!