1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

my fone is FREAKING OUT

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by boscher50, Apr 16, 2010.

1. boscher50

boscher50 New Member

HELP!

I spilled on my droid about a month ago and it's never really been the same- HOWEVER it only freaked out randomly.

Freakin out = im tryin to text and all of a sudden it scrolls up the text message history- basically just has a mind of its own and opens random **** that i DID NOT CLICK!!!

I can barely text.. i have to keep pressing my finger on the text field over and over again because the fone keeps trying to do something else.

This just started happening to me to the point of me having my battery out of my fone and its just sitting infront of me (ITS THAT BAD)...

It started happening after i was running on the treadmill at the gym though, listening to music- the music kept cutting IN AND OUT and then I realized that when i was trying to do ANYTHING with my fone- it was just doing a whole bunch of crazy other things.

Factory reset?!?!?

Take it in?!

Leave out battery and just wait it out>?!!?!?!?! what do i do im so scared- i do not have insurance and I already rooted my fone!!
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Not trying to make your day any worst but if you're rooted even if you can get back to stock if that water symbol shows signs of damage they won't replace your phone for you.

Yes, try a factory reset.
  3. boscher50

boscher50 New Member

The indicator has the + signs... no signs of water damage! Should i try and take it in before i do a factory reset.. i want my numbers and data etc
  4. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

If you're rooted you need to go back to stock before you turn it in. Do that first and then do the factory reset (if necessary). If that fails, then it's off to Verizon.
  5. boscher50

boscher50 New Member

BACK TO STOCK!!?!?!? Thats not the same as a factory reset?? I need my numbers...
  6. boscher50

boscher50 New Member

k im doing a "simple nandroid backup" from the power + X option menu... ill update with results.. *PRAYS*
  7. smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13 Administrator Staff Member

Do you have your phone sync'd thru gmail by chance for contacts? Or have you installed an app that will backup them up to your SD card?
  8. boscher50

boscher50 New Member

Ok it's still NOT WORKING.. I just went back to april 4th... my fone still has a mind of its own opening **** like crazy!

ya It's sync'd with my gmail... whats an app?? to save EVERYTHING? should i just go to verizon???
  9. boscher50

boscher50 New Member

lol... i just drove to verizon.. they asked if my fone was rooted.. i said yes- they're like go unroot it and bring it back and we'll try and get u a new one mailed to u...

im like ok.

I get in my car- and my fone is working FINE.

Suggestions?? Should I turn it off, restart it?? Can I re-apply my old theme or should i just leave it alone??
  10. smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13 Administrator Staff Member

I was merely thinking gmail for your contacts - you would not loose them if you were using gmail. MyBackup Pro (paid app in market) allows you to save them to your SD card or online (I think) - hope all works out - good luck!! :icon_ banana:
Search tags for this page
how to stop my phone from spazzing from water damage
htc one keeps spazzing out
htc phone keeps freaking out

iphone 4 spazzing out

my htc keeps spazzing out and clicks on stuff by itself
my phone keeps spazzing
why does my droid incredible have to keep clicking
why does my phone keep spazing out