my first use walmarts $12.98 dual USB port extended rechargeable battery

cisco0910

Reaction score
http://www.walmart.com/Music-Power-Encore-Rechargeable-Battery/ip/5750793

Well first of all you can beat the price of $12.98. It obviously has dual usb so you can charge two devices at same time. Well I tried it last nite for the first time, I let my droid get to 20% battery life then I plugged a fully charged extended battery I got from walmart and then I waited to see how much it'll charge my droid before the extended battery died. Well, it only charged it from 20% to 60%.
Again, not bad for $12.98. Also 40% extra charge on a droid is good for a couple hours until you can get to a wall outlet or what have you. good enough for long road trips or plane flights. I recommend if your strapped for money cause they obviously have pricier ones out there. Link above if you wanna get one..

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
wow that's cheap.... almost as cheap as a USB cable haha

samredman

Reaction score
It seems silly to me to carry around something that bulky. I simply purchased an extra battery from Verizon and I carry it in my wallet. It is small enough that I don't notice it at all (I have one of those long wallets where the bills aren't folded, which I generally carry in my front pants pocket or the one inside my suit jacket). So, if I ever run into a situation where my Droid is running out of power (I usually wait until it tells me I've got 5 percent left), I just pop out one and put in the other. When I'm home I charge both at night and I'm ready to go the next day.

If you are ever in a situation where the replaced battery also runs out you can put the first exhausted one back in and miraculously it will have restored back to about 30% (that's explained somewhere here on the forum). Over the past month I have had to do the swap with my backup battery only in three situations, when I had extended usage until very late hours. Using this approach. I have never been without a functioning Droid in all my experience with it.

OP
cisco0910

cisco0910

Reaction score
True and good points about just carry an extra battery but you can also use this for ipods, and iphones which you can't just swap batteries. For 13 bucks you can't beat that, I'm jus sayin