My first time, finally got it.

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Coots, Apr 28, 2010.

1. Coots

Coots New Member

After reading several post by you all, watching a couple videos etc. I finally installed my first custom ROM. Right now I am using JRummys Remix Blue. I do not know why I didn't do this earlier. It's simply amazing and it's like having a new phone.

So I say thanks to all of you who wrote a thread about how-to and everyone else involved. I will never look back again!
  2. JhankG

JhankG New Member

Congrats and welcome aboard! I am using JRummey's most recent version of CM as well. Are you taking advantage of the apps2sd feature?
  3. warrior21

warrior21 New Member

Congrats on the new ROM:icon_ banana:
  4. Coots

Coots New Member

Please explain in a little further detail. And I'll see what I'm using and not using. ROM's and new features are all new to me.
  5. GoGators

GoGators New Member

Apps2sd partitions your SD card so applications are saved there instead of the phone's internal memory. ROM manager will do the partition for you. Search threads on this. You need to back up everything as doing the partition will wipe your card completely.

Personally, I had it set up, but went back to using the phone memory. I did not see an advantage of using this feature, and saw it was saving files there other than applications. But, to each their own. Another advantage of rooting and personalization.