My First thread here.......

Jack Be Nimble

Reaction score
Hello out there in Droid World!
This is Jack.
Ive been a Droid X proud owner for around 4 months now and I love the fact that it is SO capable of so much!
I have never taken care of a phone in my life like many of you. I have gotten mad at them and beat them up which is how I ended up buying the Droid.
I thought if I got this expensive phone and a better service than AT&T, Id have more reason to take care of this phone.
And up till now I have NOT so much as dropped it from "any" distance nor gotten mad at it which leads me to my next subject drowning it!
It fell off of my hip and into the potty. Which really bothered me! I mean this Droid has been like the coolest addition to my life since???? My Asus!
Well, the only inconvenience I felt from sending my phone swimming was the wait for my new Droid the insurance company(MDPA) would be sending me when I turned in the claim.
I didnt hold back when I bought the coverage, I bought the best I could buy from them. (through Dell)
I have been under the impression this phone was fully covered against virtually anything till I got the reply and I quote:
"Liquid Damage and Pervasive corrosion are specifically excluded from coverage."
There is only one other time in my life I signed up for coverage for a phone.
I have bought another Droid to keep feeding my Droid appetite, but I need coverage that really works! (Insurance that is)
I would LOVE suggestions????
Id like to know your own experience with insurance companies that actually did that which you expected from them?
I am really considering on keeping a spare on hand......

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hello out there in Droid World!
This is Jack.
Ive been a Droid X proud owner for around 4 months now and I love the fact that it is SO capable of so much!
I have never taken care of a phone in my life like many of you. I have gotten mad at them and beat them up which is how I ended up buying the Droid.
I thought if I got this expensive phone and a better service than AT&T, Id have more reason to take care of this phone.
And up till now I have NOT so much as dropped it from "any" distance nor gotten mad at it which leads me to my next subject drowning it!
It fell off of my hip and into the potty. Which really bothered me! I mean this Droid has been like the coolest addition to my life since???? My Asus!
Well, the only inconvenience I felt from sending my phone swimming was the wait for my new Droid the insurance company(MDPA) would be sending me when I turned in the claim.
I didnt hold back when I bought the coverage, I bought the best I could buy from them. (through Dell)
I have been under the impression this phone was fully covered against virtually anything till I got the reply and I quote:
"Liquid Damage and Pervasive corrosion are specifically excluded from coverage."
There is only one other time in my life I signed up for coverage for a phone.
I have bought another Droid to keep feeding my Droid appetite, but I need coverage that really works! (Insurance that is)
I would LOVE suggestions????
Id like to know your own experience with insurance companies that actually did that which you expected from them?
I am really considering on keeping a spare on hand......
:welcome: to the forum. First, lesson learned. Never buy anything from Dell. You should have went with Asurion or ENSQUARED - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum, one of our Supporting Vendors. Both cover water damage.

Sorry that happened but sometimes the "best" isn't the brand name. :(

It's too late now probably but if it ever happens again we have this:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-faq/8539-how-deal-droid-thats-gotten-wet-right-way.html

Again, sorry for your loss.

OP
J

Jack Be Nimble

Reaction score
Thanks Hook,
Ill do just that Wednesday! (The insurance that is)
Ive started figuring out the dell thing. They really have sucked They are close to impossible to deal with.....