My first smartphone

dberch

Reaction score
I'm and old codger at 54 and bought my first smart phone, a Droid X, about a month ago. I'm checking weather, reading books on Kindle, playing Euchre and having a good ol' time. Threw away my paper calendar and using the Droid X for that. Take notes on EverNote. Oh, and it makes phone calls too!

Wonderful little device. Love the built in Navigation app! Gave my old GPS to the wife, and bought a adapter for the car.

I'm in. :icon_ banana:

David

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums dave, may I call you dave? Enjoy your stay and don't hesitate to ask questions.

tappin and a talkin

OP
D

dberch

Reaction score
Greetings spaz33g, sure you can call me Dave. I did just post a question about Calibrate Compass.won't work for me. I twist and turn and after a while it turns RED! Any suggestions?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've never had much luck calibrating my compass and when I do it takes foreeevvveeer. How many times have you tried?

tappin and a talkin

OP
D

dberch

Reaction score
I did it when I first got the phone and it was quick and easy. I've done two updates and a couple 'hard reboots' since and tried it three times this evening. Just turns red after about 2 minutes.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Welcome to DroidForums!! I'm with Spaz on this one.

DroidForums junkie!!

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well its not much help, but my only suggestion would be to reboot and try it again. Also if the compass is performing up to snuff I wouldn't worry about it too much.

tappin and a talkin

OP
D

dberch

Reaction score
Yeah I was thinking it's probably working fine and just doesn't have a Calibrated display. What does yours say?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App