My first ROM...

Marsbarsx

Reaction score
How do I verify it is md5. It is the Liberty3x-2.0Goldzip directly from their main website.

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
How do I verify it is md5. It is the Liberty3x-2.0Goldzip directly from their main website.

get android file varifier from the market... use that to check the md5 sum... and where you downloaded the zip from.. it should give you an md5.. it'll look something like "
md5sum: d3059e7759c993a41ed515f8dd72a335"
that will tell you if you got a good download?
did you use a pc or your phone to download it?

Marsbarsx

Reaction score
Sorry for all the questions, but even after reading as much as I can I like to try and be sure as much as I can. I do really appreciate all your help Nemo.

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
it's all good... no need to be sorry... it sucks having to figure out how to fix your phone because something simple you overlooked... because you didn't know...haha...(done that a time or two)

since you downloaded over phone... check for md5 for sure... downloads on the phone sometimes get corrupted... so that's just double checking you have a good download

Marsbarsx

Reaction score
Android File Verifier running Calc MD-5 Checksum runs fine (MD5 checksum (hex): ................ (copied to the clipboard)), but mdsum -c Type Check (which I believe is something different) says cannot verify

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Android File Verifier running Calc MD-5 Checksum runs fine (MD5 checksum (hex): ................ (copied to the clipboard)), but mdsum -c Type Check (which I believe is something different) says cannot verify

that first one is the md5... now you just need to compare it to what it says it should be... that can be found where you downloaded the rom

Marsbarsx

Reaction score
When I was still in college I use to work with all sorts of programs, but at this point with newer OS and especially with cellphones I am clueless and I am not afraid to say so. Quick learner and understand basics but since reading about 605 and everything it all seems unventured for many. Still not afraid of being referred as a newb...
Might try reinstalling just just because...

Marsbarsx

Reaction score
Thanks again and I will probably try it out tomm... 3:30 AM here now. If it works will let you know.

lowvolt

Reaction score
Even thgough I am waiting on CM9 I would like to get everything I need. I still have yet to get the ics gapps. If I wait will I still need to flash these seperatly? If yes Which ones do I need to Download? I have found a website that hosts these downloads but dont know which files I need.

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Even thgough I am waiting on CM9 I would like to get everything I need. I still have yet to get the ics gapps. If I wait will I still need to flash these seperatly? If yes Which ones do I need to Download? I have found a website that hosts these downloads but dont know which files I need.

I'm not sure how corporate email is on cm...
But for the gapps file...wait... Until you are ready to instal the rom.... Because different roms will may require different gapps.. And the gapps files get updated..... So it's best to wait till your ready to instal

"I'll get you my little pretty... And your little dog todo too"
"I don't even have a little dog todo"

Marsbarsx

Reaction score
OK. Have not installed liberty yet, but have found that when you flash under rom manager, reboot and then keep pressing down it lets you use the power as select instead of the camera. So, I can manually install, but since that is the blue screen and flashed as droid x under rom manager is that the droid 2 bootstrapper or or droid x. I downloaded droid 2 bootstrapper from the market. Asking because I want to know whether I have to set debugging or not for when I wipe and install.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums