My first ROM...

lowvolt

Reaction score
Its supposed to go to 99%. Its bad for a lithium ion battery to stay at 100%.

Galnet MIUI

Really? Never heard that before. Is there a reason for this? Inquiring minds want to know.:)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
The way I understand it is that it shortens the life of the battery to keep it at full charge for a long period of time. You don't notice it on stock and most Blur ROMs because they use 10% battery increments and round instead of having 1% battery increments.

If you notice, any phone with accurate 1% battery increments will do this, unless the manufacturer decides to make the phone read wrong to not cause customer concern.

Same way that automotive manufacturers such as GM make dash gauges read off so that the customer doesn't get alarmed by rapid changes in readout. GM coolant temp gauges are notorious for this.

Galnet MIUI

lowvolt

Reaction score
Can I flash simply stunning from vortex. And how does one know what can be flashed from what?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can flash pretty much any GB kernel ROM over another. SSX 2.2 (the latest one) is GB kernel so you can flash it. Also read the first posts in the threads because usually they say what you need to be on to flash it

Galnet MIUI

Savagerun

Reaction score
To add to what Brad said you can do a simple google search for whatever rom you want to try. For example if your on GB and looking for ssx just search droidx ssx gingerbread and you'll find it right away. Also read the entire description of the rom it will tell you what system version you need. Here's a link to ssx you can flash from vortex, since vortex is a 602/605 GB rom then as long as
Whatever rom your installing says the same it will work. Read the description of ssx in this link http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/chevyno1/38779-ssx-2-2-2-3-7-incl-1-battery-other-goodies.html it should say what you need to be on. "Always " read the description and if your still not sure just ask. That's what this forum is for.

lowvolt

Reaction score
So I flashed liberty. Didn't run it long. A couple days maybe. Just didn't like it for some reason. I think you know with in a little bit if your going to. Went back to vortex. I remember really liking ssx but I am not sure what themes if any are available. I found a theme I like for vortex called icvortex. So far this is the set up for me.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
SSX is based off CM7 and uses the theme Chooser engine. Which has the most themes out there and you can switch themes without having to reboot

Galnet MIUI

lowvolt

Reaction score
Have there been any theme updates?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
For CM7/Liquid/SSX? There are hundreds. Look in the market and google

Galnet MIUI

lowvolt

Reaction score
I have looked for some ssx themes and can only find themes for adw launcher. Are these one in Yves same?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I have looked for some ssx themes and can only find themes for adw launcher. Are these one in Yves same?

Search for cm7 themes either on the market or via Google. Like brad said there are lots of them out there.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

lowvolt

Reaction score
Okay found a ton of themes. I have turned into a rom junkie. Is there ics for droidx yet?

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Unofficially... It's still in the early stages right now... I don't have a link on me... But it's encounterics

"I'll get you my little pretty... And your little dog todo too"
"I don't even have a little dog todo"

lowvolt

Reaction score
Do you know if it works

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
It works pretty good. I ran it for awhile. There's still some bugs like the camera doesn't work...

Galnet MIUI