My first ROM...

Savagerun

Reaction score
How is the liberty3 rom? I have been running vortex for awhile. Thinking about a change.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

I ran vortex myself for quite a while but tried out all the other roms also but always returned to vortex. Then liberty3 came out and I've never gone back to vortex since. Like jsm said there hasn't been updates on it but it really doesn't need any imo. Seems like none of these roms are getting updated anymore because of all the new phones that came out. The only rom getting updated is miui but i never cared much for it so i don't bother with it. I think with miui either you love it or hate it. Anyway go ahead and try liberty just make a nandroid backup of vortex and if you decide liberty is not for you just restore your vortex backup.

lowvolt

Reaction score
So can I flash liberty 3 from vortex or do I need to go to something else first?

Savagerun

Reaction score
Yes you can. Just do all the normal wipes... Data, cache partition and davlik then flash

lowvolt

Reaction score
Okay next question. Does anyone have a valid link to it?

lowvolt

Reaction score
Tried downloading several times it always fails. I will try from a computer and let you know. Thanks guys.

Savagerun

Reaction score
If your using the stock browser to download try Dolphin hd browser instead. It's free in the market and works great.

lowvolt

Reaction score
Okay flashed liberty3 today. So far I like it. However I'm not impressed by the battery life. Any suggestions?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Have you calibrated the battery? You can also undervolt.

Galnet MIUI

Savagerun

Reaction score
Give it a couple days. Calibrate the battery also, you can use the battery calibration app from the market. You basically charge the battery till full then open the app and press calibrate then unplug it from charger and let the battery fully discharge. Then charge it again uninterrupted till its full. The directions should be in the description of the app when you get it from the market. You can't really judge the battery the first day you install a new rom. Like i said give it a couple days after you calibrate.

lowvolt

Reaction score
Give it a couple days. Calibrate the battery also, you can use the battery calibration app from the market. You basically charge the battery till full then open the app and press calibrate then unplug it from charger and let the battery fully discharge. Then charge it again uninterrupted till its full. The directions should be in the description of the app when you get it from the market. You can't really judge the battery the first day you install a new rom. Like i said give it a couple days after you calibrate.

Downloaded the battery calibration app awhile back. Haven't drained it yet but have charged it to full and calibrated. As soon as I unplug it goes to 99%. Will drain charge and calibrate again.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Its supposed to go to 99%. Its bad for a lithium ion battery to stay at 100%.

Galnet MIUI