My first rom ;)

nikolio

Reaction score
ok im totally stoked. I have all the tools and im biting my nails for Liberty 2!!!! Only thanks to reading everyones awesome questions and answers. now I have my own. can someone please tell me the order to install a rom? I have bootstrapper and the romerv7 and the sensor zip I wanna wipe but don't know how exactly. anything would help. thanx

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

m1ghtysauc3

Reaction score
The detailed instructions will be in the post with the ROM download, but here ya go anyway........
*download the rom and place it on the root of your sd card. Meaning NOT in any folders, just on the sd.
*open bootstrapper. tap "bootstrap recovery" then tap "reboot recovery".
*using your volume buttons, scroll down to "backup and restore" and press the camera button.
*make sure "backup is highlighted. press your camera button and let it backup your current rom.
*when it finishes, scroll down to "wipe data/factory reset" and press camera button. then scroll down to "yes" and press camera button. let it wipe, then scroll to "wipe cache partition" and wipe the same way that you wiped data.
*when it finishes, scroll down to "mounts and storage" and press camera button
*if it says "mount/system" then press camera button and it will change to "unmount/system. do the same for "mount/data
*press the power button once to back out to the main menu
*scroll down to "install zip from sdcard" and press camera button.
*scroll to "choose zip from sdcard" and press camera button
*scroll down and find the rom file you downloaded. it should be near the bottom. press camera button. scroll down to "yes- install" and press camera and let it do it's thing. after it finishes you should be back at the main menu (if not, press the power button to back out to it). now scroll back down to "mounts and storage and do the opposite that you did earlier, meaning both should now say "mount/system mount/data" again.
*press power button to back out to main menu and press camera button on "reboot system now". phone will reboot with Liberty. I hope this helps :)

OP
nikolio

nikolio

Reaction score
Thank you so much.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

eqforus5

Reaction score
Don't forget about the Romer v7. Might mess you up if you don't install it too.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Yes apply the romerv7 zip and also there is a (somewhat aberrant) fix for the keyboard lights. Enjoy, liberty is a great rom!