My first Droid

Charles_cz

Reaction score
Hi guys, I currently have HTC Imagio and I will be upgrading soon or later if there is phone that I should wait for.

I have no experience with Droid phones and that's why want to ask for an advice to pick right phone.

1. I would like to use navigation thru my car stereo that supports bluetooth and USB. Possible?

2. I need to be able use Skype

3. I assume social networks and Youtube is must for all phone nowadays.

4. Speed is important as well as my HTC Imagio drives me nuts.. :icon_evil:

I look forward getting some advice from you Droid users. Also I don't mind waiting for new (not released yet) phone if needed.

Thank you. Charles

Last edited:

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
Are u looking for a physical keyboard or full touch? The D3 will have the keyboards when it comes out soon and the DX2 is full touch the Dinc2 is pretty good iv read pretty good reviews on them besides the batt. Life but that's gonna happen with a bigger screen

Blame the figures not me!!!

OP
C

Charles_cz

Reaction score
Full touch is fine. I am not worried about battery life as I always have place to charge it during the day..

brettd

Reaction score
How large of a phone are you willing to carry and do you expect to get LTE near you anytime soon?

OP
C

Charles_cz

Reaction score
How large of a phone are you willing to carry and do you expect to get LTE near you anytime soon?

I am willing to go as far as small tablet.. :icon_ banana: LOL Bigger is better (talking about screen). I have LTE areas available around Chicago..

brettd

Reaction score
If you want skype than you are stuck with a single core phone, but they should still be much faster than the imagio. All of the 4g phones have a front camera and a 4.3in display, look at the thunderbolt, charge or revolution which comes out later this week.

OP
C

Charles_cz

Reaction score
Skype is not available for dual core phone? Interesting.. I would have no idea.. Thanks for that info.. I will do some search to educate myself..

brettd

Reaction score
The only dual core phone out for verizon is the droid x2 and its 3g without a front facing camera.

OP
C

Charles_cz

Reaction score
I see... LOL Well, any dual core phone in near future (a couple of months) that would work for my needs?

How about GPS voice navigation thru Bluetooth or USB? Anyone using it? I do not want to change head unit in my truck since I have GPS on my phone...

brettd

Reaction score
Yes, like the bionic, but they keep getting pushed back I don't know if I would be willing to wait.

OP
C

Charles_cz

Reaction score
Yes, like the bionic, but they keep getting pushed back I don't know if I would be willing to wait.

I dual core much faster than single core? I know that any upgrade will be great improvement for me. I would not mind waiting if the speed improvement is good step up from single core. I will be stuck with it for another 2 years.