1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

My first bootanimation

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by BostonDan, Apr 8, 2010.

1. BostonDan

BostonDan Member

Ok, I tried my hand at creating a bootanimation file. Being from Boston originally, I have customized my phone to be basically a member of RSN, so I needed the right bootanimation sequence. :)

I have created a boot animation of Dustin Pedroia's 2 run HR he hit against the New York Yankees at Fenway park on 6 April, and if anybody is interested it can be downloaded from here:

bootanimation.zip - Dustin Pedroia's 2 Run HR vs NY Yankees - 6 April 2010 - Dedicated Web Hosting Service

I have also customized my boot loading screen from the Motorola "M" to a trilogy of the logos from the Red Sox, the Patriots, and University of Michigan.

a sample image from the animation is attached, as is the boot loading screen logo.

Cheers,
    B.D.
  2. yankees2009

yankees2009 New Member

Your going to hate me for this but could you do a Yankees instead of the "M"! Even though I think you are a RedSux fan!??!?!? Thanks dude
  3. BostonDan

BostonDan Member

"Dude" (and I use that sarcastically),

First of all, do you really want me to make a Yankee Logo for you after you insult me? What if I set it to brick your phone? (Well, I guess you can buy another phone like Steinbrenner buys championships....)

ok, I'm going to chill now. Really, I could set a Yankee logo for your homescreen, but this encompasses re-flashing the core software, so I just want to be certain that you have done this/are comfortable doing this before restoring your settings again (this would be using Motorola's RSD Lite). It's a lot more work than just putting the boot animation in a directory.

Let me know (feel free to PM me.)

Cheers,
    B.D.

RSN for life.
  4. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

GO BLUE

Nice work!
  5. yankees2009

yankees2009 New Member

I Didnt mean to INSULT you dude its where I live(UpStateNY) and everybody up her and i mean everybody doesnt like the *RedSox*! Sorry dude didnt mean to upset you :)
  6. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

Go Home Blue :icon_ devil:

Are my MASS roots showing? :)
  7. BostonDan

BostonDan Member

Hey Yankees2009,

It's hard to convey good natured ribbing. Personally I like having friendly (and I stress the Friendly) ribbing between teams, but once it get physical I walk away. In any case, I really wasn't insulted or else I would not have offered to make you the Yankees logo for your boot screen.

In any case, no worries. I was just trying to dish some of it back your way, but as I said, it's easy to mis-interpret words on a page without the tone being conveyed.

Have a good one, and really, feel free to PM me if you want a Yankees logo for your boot screen. I could walk you through what you have to do, if you need any help.

Cheers,
    B.D.
Search tags for this page
boston boot animation android

boston red sox boot animation

boston redsox android boot animations

boston redsox android boot animationts
michigan red sox

red sox boot animation android

red sox boot screen android
smiley android bootanimation