My Experience with Droid 2 Global

Reaction score
I had the phone shipped to me fedex over night. I got the phone I was very excited. For me it was nothing but problems.

1. Screen non responsive I'd push call button and nothing would happen while driving.

2 Voice command wouldn't work correctly I'd call call Mom, Raymond Jill it would come up as send message to.

3. For me recepction was bad.

The one thing I liked when I opened it it automatticly transfered my APPS.

I went back to the regular droid 2

But I'm pissed about that because I have 2 of them. one from criags list which I thought was a defect and a brand new one. same thing happned. High pitch noise during some calls. Beleve it or not the new one sounds clearer so I'll probobly keep it but I pad full retail for it. I'll sell the old one.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had the phone shipped to me fedex over night. I got the phone I was very excited. For me it was nothing but problems.

1. Screen non responsive I'd push call button and nothing would happen while driving.

2 Voice command wouldn't work correctly I'd call call Mom, Raymond Jill it would come up as send message to.

But I'm pissed about that because I have 2 of them. one from criags list which I thought was a defect and a brand new one. same thing happned. High pitch noise during some calls. Beleve it or not the new one sounds clearer so I'll probobly keep it but I pad full retail for it. I'll sell the old one.

1. Why are you pushing a call button while driving? You should wear a headset. I'm pretty certain it has a voice training inside it as well to help it understand you better.

2. See number 1 about voice training. And if that doesn't work try Vlingo from the Market, it's free. Also effective for #1 as well.

3. What was bad about your reception exactly? Could you not hear the person you were speaking too or are you complaining about how many bars were on the phone?

OP
T
Reaction score

1. Why are you pushing a call button while driving? You should wear a headset. I'm pretty certain it has a voice training inside it as well to help it understand you better.

2. See number 1 about voice training. And if that doesn't work try Vlingo from the Market, it's free. Also effective for #1 as well.

3. What was bad about your reception exactly? Could you not hear the person you were speaking too or are you complaining about how many bars were on the phone?

Hi hook bill

1. I agree with you about the headset. But to be perfectly honest the I had no problem with the oringnal droid 2 as far as the voice command worked.

2. I did not have to train the oringal Droid 2

3. reception was choppy Inside by elevator in my building it was down to llike 1 bar and the voice was cutting in and out. On the droid 2 it was 3 bars.

Other problems I had with it. Visual voice was very distored. I tested it against dialing *86 and that was clearer on the speaker and earpiece.

I probobly had a defective phone. I don't think Motorola would produce somthing that bad as a main phone. For me though I found for some strange reason the apps launched much more quickly on the droid 2 for me the global was slower. Again it could be just the phone but after that experience I went back to the droid 2.

The Droid 2 is a perfect phone for me especally the new one which I paid full retail because the voice is clearer then my oringanl one. But I still hear some highpitch tea kettle sound during some connections so for my experment it cost me $600.00 kind of :( about it. To go fight with Verizon about there worry free guantee on after my one exchange (long story I don't have the head for it now I'll just sell the old one. Next time I get my phone though sams club

leobg

Reaction score
Well, I would say, desite the few quirks like corporate push email not working very reliably, it is a great device. Remains buttery smooth no matter how many apps you throw on it. I am coming from Milestone (Droid 1) and the difference in user experience between the two is like a night and day!
Hopefully Motorola will iron out the bugs soon. They might throw in Gingerbread in few months - who knows!

everstar80

Reaction score
I hope that they dovgive an update soon. The 200mhz does make a difference from my droid2 and it is like lightning in comparison. But I hope that they do give us an update soon though. Just because I want an update, actually surprised that since the phone has been available for a month that it hasn't gotten an eta yet.

tebower

Reaction score
Just got this phone coming from rooted Droid 1. I had the old one overclocked to 800mhz, but this phone still blows it out of the water.

I am pretty much liking everything about it. I rooted it an hour after having it, and used Titanium to freeze bloat apps I didn't want.

There is a software update coming, and may be available now. Check your 'about phone' software update to see if it is available for a pull download.

One thing bothers me still - with a phone with this much memory and processing speed, why do live wallpapers still bog down the app drawer scrolling? That bugs me. I thought it was just my older Droid, but on this too?

lbovill

Reaction score
Switched from an Evo 4g and this phone is amazing, I rooted it, and did some other modifications, but overall it is surpassing my expectations. Received an update today ota, and it may have. Improved battery life, but I know it improved call quality on my phone. Presently I am getting anywhere from 10 to 14 hours of use per charge.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

patfactorx

Reaction score
Has anyone had a good experience with the phone?

This phone made the Engadget Holiday list and most importantly I love it =op

I had the Droid 1 and the only thing it doesn't do better than the D1 is that it doesn't have any roms like the D1

tebower

Reaction score
When you got the OTA update and installed it, did you lose root access?

lbovill

Reaction score
Yes, but z4root makes it easy to attain again.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

cruznthru

Reaction score
Droid Global Performance

This is my first Droid device, thought I'd let the water settle down before I jumped in and bought the first Droid released, so I have nothing to compair it too as far as Droids go.
I had been a die-hard BlackBerry user for 10 years prior. This device does considerably more than the long line of BlackBerry's I've had, the navigation feature is outstanding. For those of you in the business world, that live and die on email services, I'd stay away from the Droid Global and Droid Pro, at least for now. Nobody does email and instant communication faster and more consistent than RIM.
I have been keeping tabs on a 36 page thread on another forum that Motorola has chimed in on, about the push email failures of the Global and Pro for Corporate and Exchange users, and from what Mororola is saying, a solution is months out at best.. The email is a deal breaker, period..

Some of the users that have rooted and flashed custom rom's say that fixes the push email, of course that voids the warranty on the device and with no sbf available, your dead in the water..
I'm going to keep the device and make it work, but for those of you making the decisions on the back side of the exchange server, I'd wait.