Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.teamoctos.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Twitter
spc_hicks09
Ok here's the story. So I rooted my phone, then bricked it, then fixed it, then UNrooted it. Everything works fine now and is back to factory except for the fact that I absolutely cannot set up my yahoo email using the factory "mail" app. I had this set up before and was working fine. I can log in fine using the Yahoo! Mail for Android App. I would really rather prefer it though if someone could help me log in using the given "mail" app that comes on the phone. Here's the methods I've tried so far.

1. With WiFi on as POP Mail
2. With Wifi off as POP
3. With Wifi on as IMAP
4. With Wifi off as IMAP

The error I keep getting is "Verify Account Username and Password." I'm not mentally challenged and I know what my username and password are. I know I am typing it correctly because I can quit the mail app and open the internet and go through all the hassel of logging in to my email through the browser with no problems. Can anyone help ?

OP
spc_hicks09

spc_hicks09

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.teamoctos.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Twitter
spc_hicks09
yep tried that, still won't work. i just dont understand why its saying my username and password are wrong. it did this on my facebook too but one day i just tried it again and it signed me in.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Try the Yahoo Mail app in the market and see if that lets you login.

yep tried that, still won't work. i just dont understand why its saying my username and password are wrong. it did this on my facebook too but one day i just tried it again and it signed me in.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)

OP
spc_hicks09

spc_hicks09

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.teamoctos.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Twitter
spc_hicks09
yes the Yahoo Mail app lets me login, just not the standard mail app. i prefer the standard one though because the Yahoo app for android doesnt always give me a notification of a new email but the standard mail app does.