My Eris feels like a slow computer

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Eris' started by Carbon Dan, May 18, 2010.

1. Carbon Dan

Carbon Dan Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone.
    A background to my troubles.
    I've had these problems on the old OS before the recent update and now again with 2.1

I have had one replacement phone already from the issues but the problems seem to continue.

On to the issues ;)

Overall my Eris just feels like a slow computer. Slow to respond to input or functions. Example:
    I'll go to phone and begin to dial a number by hitting 71...(area code) but it will not respond so I click on the top number in the phone list as thats the number I was going to call. The phone finally sees I was pressing the 7&1 numbers on the pad and brings up a new list of possible numbers...then it sees I pressed the top number in the list and now starts to call a person I didnt want to...
    all in all a frustrating effort lol

Other times it will just freeze up for a while and not perform actions, the home button vibrates as if I'm pressing it but will not respond sometimes for around 30 seconds.

I've noticed in certain areas 2.1 seems to have given me a little better results but it seems not to have made a huge difference.

I am using auto task killer as well to hopefully free up some 'bandwidth' or 'ram' however it should be conveyed.

Has anyone had any similar circumstances or insight so as to improve performance and have the phone be a little more manageable?

Thanks for your insight.

D A N

2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    I don't really know the Eris but if this was a Droid I'd say get rid of auto task killer and do a factory reset to clean everything up.

3. Carbon Dan

Carbon Dan Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Actually I just realized I don't have auto task killer on my new phone...which I got through Verizon as a replacement for the first one having issues. I was trying that out on the first one that had issues

I have done factory reset and as well now upgraded to the 2.1.

Thank you for teh advice though :)

D A N

4. Alex P

Alex P New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am having similar problems with my Eris. Typing and making calls seem to be slowest for me. I don't have all that many apps either, maybe 10 or 12. Would the number of apps have anything to do with it?

5. divalibra

divalibra Member

Ratings:
    +0
    How many text messages do you have in your phone? I realized that my phone was moving really slow one night and decided to delete my text messages (had over 1500 from multiple people)..it took my phone nearly twenty minutes to delete them all but after that the phone's processor really improved. I dont know if this will help with the dialer lag though.

6. Carbon Dan

Carbon Dan Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Not many....I think combined I have under 1000

D A N

7. PRince

PRince Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i havent done a factory reset ever. Ive tried with and without an atk and the phone is horribly slow. Finally some1 else is complaining with the same thing i am. Is it possible to go back to 1.5 the only thing im currently enjoying the navigation and even that lags pretty horribly.

8. tktouch12

tktouch12 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    really? i have over 7000 right now. i might want to try that, but what seems to slow it down for me is having a ton of apps installed. i notice my speed/response/snappiness gets worse as i get more. around 20 is ok, but if i have like 150 everything seems really laggy

9. Carbon Dan

Carbon Dan Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ya I don't do much texting

I only have Facebook and Engadget apps installed

I don't want to go back to 1.5 either since I had the same issues there too

D A N

10. krnmc

krnmc Member

Ratings:
    +16
    sorry this might be late but i have the exact same problem as you right now. Does your phone still do it? or were you able to fix? if you werea able to fix how did u do it?

thank you

11. Carbon Dan

Carbon Dan Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Unfortunately I wasn't able to fix it.
    It comes and goes but I've learned to just accept it.
    I have to restart my phone it seems once a day and it works a little better temporarily.

D A N

12. jhart15063

jhart15063 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ok try not leaving an alarm set, just check the box before you go to bed if you are using one, and deleting all of your text messages

Search tags for this page

htc eris facebook slow