My Droid X reboots

dreamjaeil

Reaction score
Since I bought my CPO DX about a week ago, it rebooted by itself about 4 times. 3 of them occurred when I was reading Train schedule using adobe reader and one of them I don't remember. My question is, can I go to Verizon Store and ask them for a different one even though I bought it off Verizon Website? Also, do I have to pay restocking fee?

vedwed

Reaction score
Yes, yes, and yes lol
Yes you should got to a store and see whats up with it, yes you can return at a store even though you purchased online, and yes you will pay a 35 dollar restocking fee

They may give you problems if you have had the phone for over 30 days after purchase, but could be a warranty issue again and no restocking fee will be charged.

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 5
Twitter
@healthymommy13
I've never had to pay a restocking fee. But you can take it there for service and if need be they will replace it with another CPO. Also a CPO has a 1yr warranty like a new phone (or so vzw told me).

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
D

dreamjaeil

Reaction score
I just don't want to deal with shipping . And worry about Verizon not receiving my phone

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
First if you are running a task killer or virus protection remove them. If that does not solve the issue then go to Settings/Privacy/Factory Data Reset. Do not reinstall virus protection or any task killer. See if that doesn't fix it.

If it doesn't then take it back to Verizon for a warranty replacement.

Shankville75

Reaction score
I was having the same problem. I called Verizon, sent it back, got a new one, and now life's good!! No REBOOTS!!

OP
D

dreamjaeil

Reaction score
Just wondering, if I were to choose get replacement by mail, do they send one first? I'm leaning towards using Verizon store because I'm afraid I'm going to be out of phone for god knows how long.

Shankville75

Reaction score
They send u one. Then u have 10 days to return the old one.

OP
D

dreamjaeil

Reaction score
Oh then calling them might save more time...which number do I use?!

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 5
Twitter
@healthymommy13
They always send the new one first then need to receive your old one within 10 days. They send you a return label so you just use the same box and drop it at a fed ex location. Super easy to do and they send instructions.

OP
D

dreamjaeil

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I called tech service last night and they are sending me a new one. He said it should be here by monday.