my Droid X issues

nacho220

Reaction score
My issues with the phone so far, had the phone 4 days now.

-GPS searching for a long time
-GPS signal lost several times
-3G service extreme spotty in the same places it was working fine with my
Motorola Droid...everything very slow, took 20 minutes to login at the
Verizon website and add something to my cart to use as an example
-txt msg's taking 20+min to send/rec'v

This is what I am experiencing so far. My extremely poor signal more times than not is my biggest concern. It wouldn't make sense that it would be the phone right? Because that would be a signal or network issue or something...but at the same time like I said no problems with speed or signal in the same places I was doing the same thing with the other phone. Have to point out that of course when there is a good connection the speed is much much better on the X :)
But it almost is moot if the signal is making anything I'm trying to do much slower!!

Any ideas, suggestions, having the same issues? Thanks in advance.

ohnoyoudidnt

Reaction score
Have you tried the newest update? if not you should go update it from the Settings -> About Phone -> System Updates. this may or may not help

Reaction score
Also maybe try to reset your connection to the tower. Cause it seems all your problems are being caused by reception.

What is it #228 i think?

OP
nacho220

nacho220

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions. Yeah, I installed the update. However it looks like according to the detail list here that might not be a fix for the issue. I have tried updating through *228 here just now. After a day tomorrow I'll see if that made a difference.

OP
nacho220

nacho220

Reaction score
Well, it seems as if the spotty signal continues at work. I wouldn't be surprised at the fact that the signal is spotty except for the fact that it wasn't even close to being as spotty with the Motorola Droid. It seems as if it would be a phone problem, although it should be a sheer network problem. In hopes that dialing *228 would work...well, maybe it did I don't know. I do know that by turning the phone on to Airplane mode while at work the battery maybe goes down 10% the entire day. Of course that's a no brainer...but it really does no good to tell me how to remedy this while still being able to use the phone! Ha!