My Droid X is great except...

snooter511

Reaction score
This battery is awful, I mean I charge it all night and it is on red by 10:00AM.

I have Advanced Task Killer and I always try to keep apps from running but this is ridiculous to the point that I may return this phone.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
This battery is awful, I mean I charge it all night and it is on red by 10:00AM.

I have Advanced Task Killer and I always try to keep apps from running but this is ridiculous to the point that I may return this phone.

I highlighted your problem...Ditch the ATK...it's eating your battery for breakfast.

OP
S

snooter511

Reaction score

I highlighted your problem...Ditch the ATK...it's eating your battery for breakfast.

No ****?!?! The doofus at Best buy installed that for me, you think it is the cause?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

No ****?!?! The doofus at Best buy installed that for me, you think it is the cause?

people on here are smarter than most at VZW and Best Buy. lose teh task killer

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

Yup, get rid of it, reboot the phone...See how it works...

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

We don't think it. we know it.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-applications/65483-task-killers-answer-google-developers.html

orangepeel

Reaction score
What apps do you have installed? If you have some apps that refresh/update often it will eat the battery...especially in a poor signal area).

OP
S

snooter511

Reaction score
What apps do you have installed? If you have some apps that refresh/update often it will eat the battery...especially in a poor signal area).

I have a few that update, espn scorecenter, facebook, twitter, foursquare and so on

mcapozzi

Reaction score
+1 to removing the ATK.

If you can set those social media apps to update on-demand, you'll be much better off.

Used to have terrible battery life until I realized my RSS reader was spending all day downloading articles in the background.

-Mike

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Def. ditch the task killer.

Also, any of your apps that 'pull' information.... you can set the update intervals a little farther apart, that will help save some battery.