my droid x has been failing to send some text messages!

jojoma

Reaction score
i have a droid x, and i use the original messaging that came with the phone, no other apps

welll i have been sending texts and the people i send them to will either receive a blank txt or wont receive a message at all i dont know if its because the mesage is too long or what? please help :(

this doesnt always happen by the way only about 30-40% of the time

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
i have a droid x, and i use the original messaging that came with the phone, no other apps

welll i have been sending texts and the people i send them to will either receive a blank txt or wont receive a message at all i dont know if its because the mesage is too long or what? please help :(

this doesnt always happen by the way only about 30-40% of the time

If the text is too long the phone usually breaks it up after the maximum limit of characters are entered and sends it out as 2 messages. So I doubt that is it. Everyone is having different issues, text messages being on of them.

Have you tried the free app called Handcent? The only thing I didn't like about Handcent is you get double notifications. One from Handcent and one from your default texts.

freakdx

Reaction score
i have the same issue here and there on my dx even using handcent as far as messages not getting sent but never had anyone say they are getting blank messages from me may not be a phone issue but vzw issue or the other persons company. as far as the double notifications all you do is go into your stock app and go into setting and turn off notifications then you should only be getting them from handcent

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Mine has been acting up lately it will say messages don't send so I will resend and the person I am sending to will actually get all messages. I am using the stock application and rooted official froyo release with 928 black glass theme.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
you possibly know what network they are on?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
For me I was just trying to send to my girl friend and she is on my Verizon plan.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App