My Droid Works For Me

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by dubbstyle, Dec 4, 2009.

1. dubbstyle

dubbstyle New Member

Had a Droid for a few weeks now...LOVE IT! Left an HTC w/ Windows Mobile behind for the Droid (curses on Microsoft).:icon_ banana:
  2. johnflo88

johnflo88 New Member

could you elaborate abit more on the likes or love about theDroid so people like me could make up our mind in purchasing the phone.I am holding off on buying the iphone 3gs. I really don't a game toy.
  3. dubbstyle

dubbstyle New Member

The Droid first of all is a better phone. The clarity is second to no other phone I have used. The screen is big...bigger than Iphones screen. It doesn't crash all the time. This phone as a PDA is VERY good. The sdk is available, so apps will come from everywhere, not just one company. By far, the best phone/PDA on the market.

Drawbacks are:

Camera sucks for stills, but takes increadible video for a phone. I hear they will fix this in a future OS update comming soon
    No flash embedded in a browser or otherwise. Also, comming soon according to Adobe, they will release flash for Android, but not for Iphone.
    Keyboard sucks, but you can install better keyboard apps. Skinny fingers...not a problem, but if you're big boned like me, then...
    No cut and paste. It does suck. Some apps have it, but the browser doesn't.

Hope this helps your desision.
  4. cereal killer

cereal killer DF Administrator Staff Member

dubbstyle there is cut and paste in browser and emails
  5. Moondonkey

Moondonkey New Member

Scratch one drawback of your list!

The browser does have cut and paste, you just have select the menu/options button then, more, then choose "select text" and this will copy it to the clipboard. Then paste. The shortcut is select + e

6. T0M5

T0M5 New Member

I have to disagree with you about the camera. I have taken some very nice, clear, high quality pics with it.