My Droid won't pair With Bang & Olufsen Earset 2 bluetooth headset?? Not compatible?

daytrade

Reaction score
Anyone else have this problem? This is driving me nuts. It sees's the headset as "earset 2" when scanning for Bluetooth devices but won't pair when I click on it. It pairs just fine with all my other phones. Might it have something to do with the firmware? The B&O earsest 2 uses 1.2 bluetooth and the droid is 2.0 bluetooth? Thanks in advance

wyxyzy

Reaction score
Just spoke to B & O and they said you and I are not alone... the Earset 2 will not pair with Droid's current Bluetooth system. :mad: They suggested Calling Motorola and convincing them to support 1.2 with a patch or the like.

mjeagent

Reaction score
I've got the same headset and no luck on my end either. I had a very long conversation with B&O about this, mainly since it doesn't pair (or stay paired) with my IPhone. I was told that when they made the headset they programmed it with 1.2 bluetooth software, which was the standard then. Now, phones like the IPhone and the Droid come programmed with 2.0 or 2.1 bluetooth software - thus, incompatible. I asked if their was going to be an upgrade or software update available in the near future from B&O. I was told no, their would be on software update. They are going to wait for Apple and Motorola to provide a patch (good luck with that). Also, I asked if they had a new headset in development that would come programmed with the more recent software - an emphatic NO.

saodds

Reaction score
I had the same problem. I was so eager to get my new Droid. The Verizon staff were unable to get a pairing with 2 new Droids. The Earset 2 is worth more than a new Droid.
I'm thru waiting but I don't want to shelve my Earset.
Suggestions???