My Droid Will Not Find my Wifi Network

Reaction score
So I have been having this problem for a little while now. I have a rooted D1 and for some reason it will never find my wifi network. I live in an area where there are a lot of other networks and it always finds a ton of them, just not mine. I know my wifi is in good working order as I am on my laptop connected to it right now. I have tried both running it with and without security enabled on the network and it will not find it either way. I have an 802.11G wireless router and cant seem to find any reason my phone will not find it. I am currently running MIUI but I have had this problem on every rom I have ever tried. Any help would be appreciated.

shobe

Reaction score
Do you have a hidden SSID? If that is the case, then you need to change that and make it visible. For some reason, none of the versions of Android have been able to find a hidden network.

OP
Disposibleteen
Reaction score
Nope SSID broadcast is set to enabled. Also I have tried transmitting in both wireless G and B+G, neither one of them lets my droid find it.

Edit: Also should mention that I have downloaded the wifi analyzer app from the market and my network is not found there either. My laptop finds it no problem with excellent signal quality from the exact location that my droid cannot find it.

Last edited:

Ass Nacho

Reaction score
I'm having the exact same problems as the OP. Its driving me insane. Both my home and work networks cannot be found. I just get "Scanning" it never ends.

tommyb38

Reaction score
Have you tried pulling the power on your router and re-booting it? Mine will do the same thing every so often, and a quick re-boot of the router and it finds it immediately.

Ass Nacho

Reaction score
Yeah, tried that and nothing. My wifes Droid is able to pick up the Wifi network right away. But mine, nothing. I noticed that I don't have the latest baseband. Could that be a possibility for my issue?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App