1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

My Droid refuses to connect to anything (including Verizon)

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by fegul, Feb 22, 2010.

1. fegul

fegul New Member

For some reason my Droid now refuses to connect to anything including Verizon's towers. It says it has service but I can't even dial 611 because literally it says its dialing and nothing happens. The battery is also draining at an incredible rate and even after charging it all of last night, the meters says it has 5% battery left and that was maybe an hour after taking it off the charger.

Basically it's a glorified clock at this point so I'll be going to the Verizon store soon, just wondering if anyone else has had this issue.

(and yes I've turned it off and on, removed the battery, etc)
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

That's not how most of our Droids work. Do not pass go, do not collect 200.00 and head on over to the Verizon store for a replacement. Or do it over the phone if you prefer. Don't want to do that? Then the only other thing would be a hard factory reset, but quite honestly I wouldn't bother with that if mine were acting that bad.
  3. sin vicious

sin vicious New Member

Did you mess it up by trying to root it? ?
  4. fegul

fegul New Member

Nope, haven't tried to root it or anything. I literally plugged in the charger Saturday night and Sunday morning I couldnt dial or surf the web
  5. fegul

fegul New Member

I went to the store and they said that they would ship me another one. Any reason why they couldn't just have swapped it out with a new one at the store? I don't see the reason behind making me wait for shipping if they have Droids in stock
  6. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Yes. When you do a warranty exchange usually you will get a refurb. This is not a bad thing. Just that it won't be brand new. But at least it will work.
Search tags for this page

*611 cant dial on verizon phone

att connect to tower for service

can't dial 611 from android phone

cant dial 611 on galaxy s3

droid pro can't connect verizon

droid x phone refusing to connect to towers