My Droid keeps saying "unknown" everytime a contact calls

BettyWhiteRocks

Reaction score
It's so annoying. I can't tell if this person is a stranger or someone who actually knows me. Could someone please tell me how to fix it? The numbers aren't blocked and it's doing this on my brother's Droid as well.

MotoCache1

Chief Droid Scientist
Reaction score
In your contacts, do you have all 10 digits of the person's phone number, or just 7?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

aldaudio

Reaction score
mine displays that for a few seconds, then it tells me who is calling.

vatothe0

Reaction score
Check your account online to make sure you still have the caller id feature.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

tryzub

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue on my DX. Caller ID is enabled on my account. Maybe they screwed up the provisioning when I switched to the DX from the Droid? Anyone else seen this? I'll keep browsing forums as well.

dolpns13

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue on my DX. Caller ID is enabled on my account. Maybe they screwed up the provisioning when I switched to the DX from the Droid? Anyone else seen this? I'll keep browsing forums as well.

this happened to me once or twice a while ago. I took the battery out and restarted it and it hasnt happened since. I agree though, it ticked me off beyond belief

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
It's so annoying. I can't tell if this person is a stranger or someone who actually knows me. Could someone please tell me how to fix it? The numbers aren't blocked and it's doing this on my brother's Droid as well.
It's because you have no friends....j/k.

Did you get it fixed?

tryzub

Reaction score
It's a provisioning issue. Although I had "Caller ID" as one of the services on my account, it wasn't "enabled" on my line. Contact Customer Service or Tech Support - either can help you.

umopapisdn

Reaction score
For Verizon, I've found that sometimes even though the website says Caller ID is active, there may still be an issue. If you turn OFF Caller ID via the website, wait a bit, run some test calls (maybe?), then turn Caller ID BACK ON via the website, it seems to repair things.

OP
B

BettyWhiteRocks

Reaction score
For Verizon, I've found that sometimes even though the website says Caller ID is active, there may still be an issue. If you turn OFF Caller ID via the website, wait a bit, run some test calls (maybe?), then turn Caller ID BACK ON via the website, it seems to repair things.
This thread is over 3 years old...