My Droid just tried to kill me.

OP
D

Darkbleed

Reaction score
Maybe a course on how to Drive might be in order....How do you miss a 5' washout in the road?

I know, right? Actually other than the fact that my back is killing me and I don't have a car right now I find the whole situation funny as hell! :motdroidvert:

CYBER DROIID

Reaction score
Dude don't worry, forget about all the haters.....you know your droid is in direct link to skynet right? Id be careful apparently sky net has marked you a threat. Watch your self!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This was an amusing thread, for the most part. I can't believe how many people want to chastise the OP. He took it very lightly IMHO and just wanted to share a little bit of an embarrassing story.

Thanks for an interesting thread OP. Don't forget when they fix your car, make sure they really put the airbag back in!;)

DJTURNz

Reaction score
Was it like that scene in iRobot?
"you are experienceing an auto accident"

billp

Reaction score
Glad your ok as far as the punishment for the droid, I would take away its multimedia dock for a period of 1 week (this encludes movies or songs being played on it) and I would explain to it everyday how ashamed of it you are. You have to remember its young and will make silly mistakes, you just need to disipline it and reasure it at the same time

StupidGenius

Reaction score
Was it like that scene in iRobot?
"you are experienceing an auto accident"
:rofl3:

I would take away its multimedia dock for a period of 1 week (this encludes movies or songs being played on it) and I would explain to it everyday how ashamed of it you are.

No, that's more like a vacation for the Droid and deprives the user.;)

You should put an iPhone theme on it and play those lame Luke Wilson videos through YouTube.

papy72

Reaction score
You should put an iPhone theme on it and play those lame Luke Wilson videos through YouTube.
I don't really think he wants to brick his :motdroidhoriz:, which would surely be the case if he subjected it to this torture.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not the droid's fault...

...You'd be surprised how many people put complete trust in consumer grade satellite based geo-locating hardware and sorta forget how to drive...or to look where they are going :icon_eek: Fortunately you are still alive, I can't say the same for everyone our Search and Rescue group has gone looking for...who followed their GPS.
He isn't really complaining, he made a small joke out of something serious that happened.

Sorry guess that came across a bit crass. :)

Happens after you are extracting frozen corpses from a car that had no business where it was.

I've been fully chained up traveling up roads looking for lost hunters/people, on active searches, and had people drive up behind me in *insert crappy 2wd car here* saying their GPS leads them up this mountain to get to XYZ (over 50 miles away)...:icon_eek:

I do the same thing from the relative safety and warmth of the helicopter.

When instructing I tell every student as well: Just because you have a GPS doesn't relieve you of the responsibility of flying the aircraft. I've had students get lost with fully working navigation systems, let alone that they were in contact with ATc and could open their mouths and ask for help (Well, havent had one have to do that yet thank god).

It's only a tool to assist you: the Driver. You shoud always question what it is telling you, not blindly follow.

To the OP: glad you were ok, keep them eyes out front! :)

zenkiderek

Reaction score
Feigned sympathy: My, that must have been an awful experience for a fragile biological organism such as yourself. I'm sure your droid is relieved you survived without need for major repairs.

Helpful suggestion: in order to avoid such incidents in the future, perhaps supplying your droid with a nice high-speed memory card or other tokens of appreciation would improve its motivation to take better care of its owner.

Gentle reminder: if you're going to entrust your squishy, delicate existence to a droid's safekeeping, you'd certainly want it to think as highly of you as possible.

uhhh............ wut?