My Droid just tried to kill me.

Darkbleed

Reaction score
I think it's getting revenge for all the rom testing, backups, and restores.

I was heading out to an uncle's place out in the country following the GPS. It sent me down a road that had a five foot deep washout running right down the middle of the road. I drove into it headfirst at 45 miles per hour. I almost died.

Fortunately, I was wearing my seatbelt and the airbag smacked me in the face and I'm okay. My neck is sore but they ran CTs and no fractures.

Any ideas on how to punish my Droid for this insolence?

Brandon314159

Reaction score
Not the droid's fault...

...You'd be surprised how many people put complete trust in consumer grade satellite based geo-locating hardware and sorta forget how to drive...or to look where they are going :icon_eek: Fortunately you are still alive, I can't say the same for everyone our Search and Rescue group has gone looking for...who followed their GPS.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
:r_c::rating04:

iPirate

Reaction score
[video=youtube;0yyKrS8jwSY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yyKrS8jwSY[/video]

Guchi

Reaction score
maybe you should have gotten :iphone:

good your ok though!

OP
D

Darkbleed

Reaction score
ROFLMAO at that Office clip!!! :ppp SO TRUE!!! :icon_ banana:

Reaction score
Your droid "tried to kill you"?? who was driving, you or the phone?:icon_eek:
I would venture to say the story would be totally different if we could talk to your droid..:)

sorry to hear you wrecked your car, but at least you got out O.K.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Not the droid's fault...

...You'd be surprised how many people put complete trust in consumer grade satellite based geo-locating hardware and sorta forget how to drive...or to look where they are going :icon_eek: Fortunately you are still alive, I can't say the same for everyone our Search and Rescue group has gone looking for...who followed their GPS.
He isn't really complaining, he made a small joke out of something serious that happened.

brecat1211

Reaction score
My Verizon Motorola Droid - Google Maps GPS - on my way to Newark Airport off site parking on Monday told me i was at my destination while in the middle of a major highway at a fork in the road with nothing else around. Mind you I was running late to catch my plane. I screemed a pluthera of obsenities!! LOL

Glad you're OK :)

Brendan

Brandon314159

Reaction score
Not the droid's fault...

He isn't really complaining, he made a small joke out of something serious that happened.

Sorry guess that came across a bit crass. :)

Happens after you are extracting frozen corpses from a car that had no business where it was.

I've been fully chained up traveling up roads looking for lost hunters/people, on active searches, and had people drive up behind me in *insert crappy 2wd car here* saying their GPS leads them up this mountain to get to XYZ (over 50 miles away)...:icon_eek:

DROIDMASTER

Reaction score
"Fortunately, I was wearing my seatbelt and the airbag smacked me in the face and I'm okay. My neck is sore but they ran CTs and no fractures."

But is your Droid ok?

lol

Kdubbjr

Reaction score
**** bro, well if it was an Iphone , you wulda died. So the Droid may have saved your life.