My Droid is taking over.

powercrunch

Reaction score
MAJOR Touchscreen issues.

I wasn't sure where to put this honestly. My phone has literally gained a conscience of its own. Normally this problem seemed to come from that charger issue and having the wrong charger...But my phone is freaking out on its own very well without a charger. The screen spazzes out and touches all over the screen as if my hand was having a seizure on the screen. It took me like 30 minutes to even get my phone into the menu to save my contacts. If it helps, I'm rooted and (was) running BB(2.01) v1.2 when it first started happening.

I figured going to sleep and ignoring it for the night would fix all my problems, but to my dissatisfaction it did not. I just recently attempted to do a factory reset and tried to go to Pete's 2.1 BB...But that was again a huge failure. So I figured, Why not just stick with a normal factory reset!...No. Of course that doesn't work either. Now here I sit, wondering if the ghost possessing my phone will just go away. Anyone have any fixes for this? I apologize if this is some kind of problem that's happened many times and has been answered, I'm just seriously freaking out right now.

Edit: It appears other people are having this problem as well without the charger in the Rogue Droid thread... I guess this thread was pointless.

Last edited:

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I wasn't sure where to put this honestly. My phone has literally gained a conscience of its own. Normally this problem seemed to come from that charger issue and having the wrong charger...But my phone is freaking out on its own very well without a charger. The screen spazzes out and touches all over the screen as if my hand was having a seizure on the screen. It took me like 30 minutes to even get my phone into the menu to save my contacts. If it helps, I'm rooted and (was) running BB(2.01) v1.2 when it first started happening.

I figured going to sleep and ignoring it for the night would fix all my problems, but to my dissatisfaction it did not. I just recently attempted to do a factory reset and tried to go to Pete's 2.1 BB...But that was again a huge failure. So I figured, Why not just stick with a normal factory reset!...No. Of course that doesn't work either. Now here I sit, wondering if the ghost possessing my phone will just go away. Anyone have any fixes for this? I apologize if this is some kind of problem that'slhappened many times and has been answered, I'm just seriously freaking out right now.

Edit: It appears other people are having this problem as well without the charger in the Rogue Droid thread... I guess this thread was pointless.

Nothing is ever pointless. I'm not going to be of any help for your current problem, but the least I can do is bump you up to see if someone else can help. Good Luck!

OP
P

powercrunch

Reaction score

I figured going to sleep and ignoring it for the night would fix all my problems, but to my dissatisfaction it did not. I just recently attempted to do a factory reset and tried to go to Pete's 2.1 BB...But that was again a huge failure. So I figured, Why not just stick with a normal factory reset!...No. Of course that doesn't work either. Now here I sit, wondering if the ghost possessing my phone will just go away. Anyone have any fixes for this? I apologize if this is some kind of problem that'slhappened many times and has been answered, I'm just seriously freaking out right now.

Nothing is ever pointless. I'm not going to be of any help for your current problem, but the least I can do is bump you up to see if someone else can help. Good Luck!

Thank you, haha. I hope this isn't a serious problem, because I'm about ready to kill this evil spazzming phone.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Can you change the title of your post? I guess no one realizes you need help.... :icon_exclaim:

kristoff125

Reaction score
I'd say unroot reset, try rooting and BB again, I used to use BB but it was giving me problems, moved on to droid mod.

OP
P

powercrunch

Reaction score
I'd say unroot reset, try rooting and BB again, I used to use BB but it was giving me problems, moved on to droid mod.

When I unroot the same crazy touchscreen issues still take place. I'm just leaving it unrooted and taking it to verizon I guess. Not much else I can do about it at this point I guess.

johall07

Reaction score
the wrong charger may have done more damage then you thought

OP
P

powercrunch

Reaction score
That would be a solution if it weren't for the fact I've been using the same charger I received out of the box. Maybe plugging it into the computer does have a problem with the current...

jramey

Reaction score

I figured going to sleep and ignoring it for the night would fix all my problems, but to my dissatisfaction it did not. I just recently attempted to do a factory reset and tried to go to Pete's 2.1 BB...But that was again a huge failure. So I figured, Why not just stick with a normal factory reset!...No. Of course that doesn't work either. Now here I sit, wondering if the ghost possessing my phone will just go away. Anyone have any fixes for this? I apologize if this is some kind of problem that's happened many times and has been answered, I'm just seriously freaking out right now.

I had the same issue just 4 days after getting my Droid, after several factory resets including wiping out all data it did begin to work almost but the touch screen keyboard started failing. Carried it back and they replaced it. It appears the touch screen is the culprit and it was never going to get better. Good luck

droid d'oh

Reaction score
I agree, take it back. Verizon should be happy to replace it for you. I had a similar problem with the magnetometer last week, and they replaced mine for free without paying the $6/month insurance. Good luck!

seanmoyer

Reaction score
Screen issues

My screen started messing up about a week ago. I thought is was maybe just a glitch, I'm rooted with BB 7.6. But then the right side about 1/2" strip works very intermittently. I had the same issue with my old Omnia. I use a case with a magnetic flap and a phone holder that sqeezes the sides to hold it in place. Same issues with two different touch screen phones????? I have a new phone on the way I curious if you happen to use either a similar holster or holder?