My droid is seriously sucking the last few days...

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Correct! :)

I may be wrong, but that isn't what the ignore list does. The ignore list ignores the open apps you select instead of trying to close them every 5 minutes that you have to use ATK to keep the apps closed. It doesn't ignore them so they don't turn back on.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

DroidForums junkie!!

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I don't know. I usually tune them out because they tell me stuff that I already know. And yes, I know how the droid works. And I know it works on its own. That's why the app on my phone has an "ignore list" so I put all these apparently like my fedex app and facebook app on the ignore list so they don't try to running again.

The ignore list in an app killer is the apps that it will ignore killing...you can't prevent an app from starting up again in that way.

OP
midgetgrimm

midgetgrimm

Reaction score
ROMs can DEF make a difference as far as performance goes! I'd be happy to walk you through getting one flashed if you'd like! :)

OK, so I have rooted my phone, hasnt been much different. I have no app killer installed, yet my phone hasn't run smooth in days, and today has been especially worse. Maybe I need a nice rom, how about a link to a tutorial please, or can't I just strip my OS as is and keep it bare bone.? I am noob with android, but learn quick.

DroidForums junkie!!

Yeah that would be great. maybe a step by step tutorial. Thank you sir

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Can do! Gonna send you a PM so we can get on Gtalk which will make everything MUCH easier. Hang tight..

ROMs can DEF make a difference as far as performance goes! I'd be happy to walk you through getting one flashed if you'd like! :)

OK, so I have rooted my phone, hasnt been much different. I have no app killer installed, yet my phone hasn't run smooth in days, and today has been especially worse. Maybe I need a nice rom, how about a link to a tutorial please, or can't I just strip my OS as is and keep it bare bone.? I am noob with android, but learn quick.

DroidForums junkie!!

Yeah that would be great. maybe a step by step tutorial. Thank you sir

DroidForums junkie!!

Jake1991

Reaction score
Actually my ignore list keeps the apps from starting up until I start them up myself.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Actually my ignore list keeps the apps from starting up until I start them up myself.

Wrong! They just don't show up in the list when they are ignored. ATK doesn't freeze the apps (need TBP to do that). :)

jsw6380a

Reaction score
Wow, you take the Verizon "reps" advice on one post and another one you ignore him? Listen to what these guys say. I have stopped running a task killer and my phone has run smooth as ever (with a ROM) my phone was laggy occasionally before and I kept cranking up the ATK. Trust the people who MADE the OS...

timrock

Reaction score
out of curiosity, for people that are rooted, do you have adfree installed? this is what happens to me at least once a day. my phone will be in standby, i wake it up and do the slide to unlock, but it doesnt slide all the way. it reboots. and when it starts back up again, i have a notification from adfree that new hosts are available. this has happened everytime. but if i just do a simple battery pull, the adfree notification does not show up when it reboots. it reboots as normal. so i have went ahead and uninstalled adfree (droid x overclock has and ad blocker built in) for now, to see if thats the cause of the issue.