1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

My Droid is no longer rootable...wtf happened?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by doktabl4ck, Jul 9, 2010.

1. doktabl4ck

doktabl4ck New Member

I have rooted my phone once and never got the superuser permissions the guide stated I would. I did a back up and got back to stock then tried to re-root my phone. The error I got and am still getting even after trying to root with 2.2 is: blah blah blah (substitute for whatever is here), No such file/directory exists, Install aborted. I am running stock 2.1 update 1 now. Does anybody have any ideas what happened or what the issue is and how I can fix it?
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

3. doktabl4ck

doktabl4ck New Member

I will give this a try. The only other thing I've done is try and go back to 2.0.1 and re-root that way, but that failed as well. I will be sure to post a reply with the result tonight.
  4. doktabl4ck

doktabl4ck New Member

So I have gone through the steps of this guide and I still get the same error: (blah blah blah (substitute for whatever is here), No such file/directory exists, Install aborted.) I believe the only thing I would be able to do is use a different memory card or get a different phone correct?
  5. dlwhtrose

dlwhtrose Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    Take your phone back to stock 2.1 update 1 then follow the link down in my signature to root the phone. Once you get root then you can go and apply any 2.2 Rom you wish. This maybe your only option. The instructions below have not failed me yet. Good luck and if you need help, pm me.
  6. angler1

angler1 New Member

What file are you using to root 2.1? As far as I know you need to use Rsd to flash sprecovery. Then you load a rooted rom. Then you will have your superuser permissions

Edit. What recovery are you on?
  7. doktabl4ck

doktabl4ck New Member

I would love to follow another guide but my phone is already on stock 2.1 Any and every guide has failed, but after I went back to stock the first time I successfully rooted something must have went wrong. I will try to get another memory card because that's where I think the problem lies.
  8. doktabl4ck

doktabl4ck New Member

When trying to flash I use the SPRecovery_ESE81.sbf
  9. christim

christim Super Moderator

angler1 has the right question:

What Recovery are you on? Stock, Sprecovery, or clockwork?

What is your end goal? Is there a particular rom you want to get installed? (looks like the ese81.sbf file, Pete's rooted 2.1 rom.)
    The rooted Froyo rom is more recent and in the first link in my signature.

I don't think the problem will be your card.

If you already have SPRecovery installed you don't need to use RSD Lite to flash the froyo rom, you can just use SPRecovery.
  10. doktabl4ck

doktabl4ck New Member

I have tried both of those guides and I still get the same error, and regardless of what guide I've used I still get the same error. For some reason the memory card will not recognize that the SPRecovery file has been loaded onto it.
  11. christim

christim Super Moderator

The SPRecovery file does not get loaded onto the SDcard.

Install RSD Lite onto your windows computer.

Run RSD Lite from your computer and install the sprecovery.sbf file with RSD Lite after browsing for it on your computer.

Once installed grab a rom and put that on your SDcard.

Reboot into SPRecovery on your phone, backup your current config and then install the rom.
  12. angler1

angler1 New Member

I still don't think you have answered the question. What does the recovery screen way when you first hold down x then press power while still holding the x button
  13. doktabl4ck

doktabl4ck New Member

I was talking about the .sbf file. I just tried to flash again and it still gives me the same error regardless of what file I used.
  14. doktabl4ck

doktabl4ck New Member

This is the best part, when I hold down X and power on the device it goes straight to the back up screen, where you can wipe the cache/partition, and do a factory wipe/backup or reboot the phone. There's not triangle thingy anymore /!\
  15. angler1

angler1 New Member

It sounds like your still in stock recovery. You need to use christim sbf to root and unroot. Its in his sig. Have you ever used rsdlite? Read up.
  16. christim

christim Super Moderator

Above you have stated you tried to get the sprecovery file (the SBF file?) onto your card. That SBF file never has to go onto your card. It stays on the PC.

However, it sounds like you now have SPRecovery installed on your phone.

At the top of the screen it should tell you the recovery version.

If it looks like this, then you have SPRecovery installed:

[​IMG]
  17. TekHawk

TekHawk New Member

sounds like you have sbrecovery flash through rsd what exactly are you trying to do now though install a rom through that or through rom manager or what?

if you can give detailed steps i'm sure someone will know where this is tripping up

if this is a new unit though there was a batch of droids released a month or two ago that had sd cards that needed to be reformated to work with the hacked recoveries for what ever reason
  18. ataris_kid

ataris_kid New Member

Yeah, like they said above, it sounds like you've got the patched recovery which will allow you to install a rooted rom. The .sbf file that you installed is only the recovery (which allows you to install a rooted rom), it doesn't give you root access just by flashing it. You've got to install a rooted rom using the recovery before you can use ROM Manager from within Android.
  19. christim

christim Super Moderator

Droid Tinkerer...first time I've seen that, love it!

And now back to our regularly scheduled program....
  20. doktabl4ck

doktabl4ck New Member

Well when I followed the guide I used the files that were in the guide, and every after I unrooted and when back to stock, I tried to root again and that's when I kept getting the error. I re-followed the guide to root-unroot guide, and I still couldn't get the root back and I used the same .sbf file every time. Then I deleted all the files I had and tried 500 other guides with the same result. I get no /!\ when holding X and powering on, it goes straight to the screen with the android in post 16.
Search tags for this page
com pv wmdrm
what is com.pv.wmdrm
what is wmdrm push receiver
what is wmdrm push receiver android

wmdrm push receiver

wmdrm push receiver android
wmdrm push reciever version1.0
wmdrm pushreceiver

wmdrmpushreceiver

wmdrmpushreciever