My Droid is in the mail, need Q's answered please

kavancamp

Reaction score
So whats up everyone. This is my first post. Ordered my new Droid yesterday and cant wait for the thing to show up. Weighed the Iphone and Droid for quite sometime and finally decided that the Droid was the way to go. Most of you would obviously agree Im guessing....HOPEFULLY!

So I have been going through this forum for a few days now. There is alot of terms you guys are all using that I am not so familiar with. I grew up in the Silicon Valley so I was real up to speed on alot of this stuff but that was 10 years ago. I got married and had kids and really I guess I would say I let technology pass me by a bit. I work two jobs, 14 hours a day and the Droid was my gift to myself and I am now looking for you guys to help me get every bit of EVERYTHING I can out of it. I want all these cool things I have been reading about in here. Here are a few of my questions to get started and to anyone that helps me out I really appreciate you taking time out of your day to help someone you dont know.

What is blackdroid? My phone has droid 2.1 so is this still something I want?

Is there ways to make the phone faster, more top of the line performance wise and how?

What are the must have apps for a first time casual user(casual for now)?

What other stuff do you guys have for me, by that I mean if you were getting your first smartphone/droid today, what info would you want someone else to tell you so you can have the most up to date- best operating Droid?

What is rooting??

Thx to anyone that helps me out, you rock! Ken for IN

Kack

Reaction score
Sorry that i cannot answer all your ?'s but google your ?'s and add droid forums at the end. they are /'s many have asked and many have answered. search is your friend as are all of us.

Another_Dude

Reaction score
So whats up everyone. This is my first post.

Devote a couple of hours and try to read the first few posts of every "sticky" thread on the forum. You should get all of your current questions answered, as well as the questions you haven't even thought to ask yet.

Welcome to the sickness.

E

EvilWays

1- blackdroid is one of the dev behind what is reguarded as one of the best (and imo the best) custom rom available, ultimatedroid, yes, for number 2, you want this
2-top end performance is done by overclocking and cleaning the system up. custome roms in general allow for overclocking but devs do their part in speeding things up a bit with different scripts (in blackdroids ultimate rom for example i can set the system to keep 50, 75, or 100 mb free at all times by typing a simple script in the terminal editor on the phone)
3- as far as apps go, if you root buy setcpu, its needed for overclocking

look up rooting in the forum, i think its hookbill that has a great how to on this.

good luck, -

thenowherekid

Reaction score
Welcome to droid forums. You made a good choice. Spend a little time on research and go all out. You will become obsessed before you know it.