My Droid is Dead...

Free

Reaction score
I rooted it a little while back an I have ran different roms. Tried out using the "rom manager." It work great!!! on U.D. 9.0 and 9.8. So then I tried a function in the rom manager. It formats the SD in to partitions. I really should not have done that. I started having very bad bugs trying different things to fix it and finally I format the SD card in Clockwork recovery and then load a copy of my SD card I made before I try this formating crap.

Now while the copy the old SD info back to the phone. It cut off and now it will not turn on at all! nothing zero! just the charge light when plugged in.

Can anyone help?!

probably not...

So I'm think this is really a pubic service announcement,
Don't hack 3 in the morning.:mad:

Phone: Droid
Rom: U.D. 9.8
O/C: None (at the time death)

Yes I tried holding X

hookerdj

Reaction score
I rooted it a little while back an I have ran different roms. Tried out using the "rom manager." It work great!!! on U.D. 9.0 and 9.8. So then I tried a function in the rom manager. It formats the SD in to partitions. I really should not have done that. I started having very bad bugs trying different things to fix it and finally I format the SD card in Clockwork recovery and then load a copy of my SD card I made before I try this formating crap.

Now while the copy the old SD info back to the phone. It cut off and now it will not turn on at all! nothing zero! just the charge light when plugged in.

Can anyone help?!

probably not...

Yes I tried holding X
does it have a charge? like above 25 percent?> plug it in and let it charge a while maybe just maybe its ok?

OP
F

Free

Reaction score
No Luck, Charge for a few hours no change.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79

Can anyone help?!

probably not...

Yes I tried holding X
does it have a charge? like above 25 percent?> plug it in and let it charge a while maybe just maybe its ok?

I agree charge it overnight with wall charger, then try in the morning. Shouldn't hack with a low battery as well :icon_eek:

OP
F

Free

Reaction score
Thanks Tom I will try it!

OP
F

Free

Reaction score
Okay I think something may be wrong with my usb cord I think Its not charging/connecting right so I going to put it on a wall charger then try again.

I got to the unlock screen but when I trys to connect to the usb it restarts. I hope that make sense. It's like the unlock screen comes on for about 2 seconds then It reboots. I may be back to the original problem of the sd card and that formating thing. It has about 5% Batt

update the wall chargers is working.

Last edited:

INSANENEIVIESIS

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowrom.com
Okay I think something may be wrong with my usb cord I think Its not charging/connecting right so I going to put it on a wall charger then try again.

I got to the unlock screen but when I trys to connect to the usb it restarts. I hope that make sense. It's like the unlock screen comes on for about 2 seconds then It reboots. I may be back to the original problem of the sd card and that formating thing. It has about 5% Batt

if you can get the phone on try flashing the SBF as previously said. it may be your best bet.

p.s i thing that the partioning of the SD card is only for cyanogen.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79

Ok that's good news. Let it charge on the wall for a while. Not all usb ports are powered and that might have been the case.

OP
F

Free

Reaction score
It's working but somethings still wrong with the sd card sometime its not connecting to the droid. Plus when I have that problem It resets itself over and over when I plug it into my laptop. It goes back likely to that partition problem. I tried the unbrick program but I had a driver problems I believe. When I tried the program at first the start button would not work then I rename the .sbf file to something shorter and then the start button worked but the program would instantly fail. I tried uninstalling/reinstall the drivers/program restarting windows. It never worked... I didn't try a different computer but if I have to I will to get this thing back on track.

I may try to use the virginbackup in the nandroid, but I first would like to know if the partition function in the "ROM Manager" works with in the sd card or if it changes something in the Droid internal memory. I tried format the sd card directly in my laptop. Still with the problem so I don't know?

I'm running Win 7 Ult 64 bit
moz-screenshot.png
moz-screenshot-1.png

May be TNT or plastik... Or a good old fashion hammer!

Last edited: