My Droid is a paperwieght....

Tillers_Rule

Reaction score
So, haven't been getting any calls all day, tried placing outgoing calls and they call go to "call lost", so can't make calls either. Just spent an hour on phone with VZ tech support and now I can't even get to email or web.

Going to stop by VZ store on my way home and have them swap it out.

Luckily only had the phone for 10 days.

Last edited:

Tegamal

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. I hope it's just something with the phone & is remedied with a new phone, which VZW gives you without issue (again, I hope).

cuzzinz

Reaction score
So one bad incident with a new phone and you are going to leave your carrier completely.

Imagine what the problems were like when the iPhone first came out... people just had to deal with problems will more were available or when the next update came out.

Get a new phone...its only been 10 days... they have to give you a new unit.

texasPI

Reaction score
You know I'd like to see how many people really leave or do the stuff they threaten to do. I'm returning in X days or I'm leaving in X days and cancelling service...

bbtkd

Reaction score
So, haven't been getting any calls all day, tried placing outgoing calls and they call go to "call lost", so can't make calls either. Just spent an hour on phone with VZ tech support and now I can't even get to email or web.

Going to stop by VZ store on my way home and have them swap it out.

If this doesn't get resolved tonight I'm leaving VZ.

Luckily only had the phone for 10 days.

Hopefully the store has the sense to just do a factory reset before they waste a new phone on this problem. I suspect that a vast majority of problems are just misbehaving apps or bugs in Android itself corrupting memory. In either case a factory reset will revive it.

OP
Tillers_Rule

Tillers_Rule

Reaction score
Hopefully it will be a quick resolution.

As far as "ready to leave a carrier after one bad incident" I've been with Verizon for 10 day, so I have no loyalty what so ever to them. My Sprint sevice was good, but they don't have the Droid, which I wanted. The Verizon service at both my home and work is just so so. Maybe all of that is related to the phone hardware itself though.

Though, I am ranting as well, let's see how I feel tomorrow:)

Last edited:

mjs31

Reaction score
Frustrating for sure, but we can assure you that the Droid should be much nicer to you...

jefbystereo

Reaction score
You know I'd like to see how many people really leave or do the stuff they threaten to do. I'm returning in X days or I'm leaving in X days and cancelling service...

I actually did that with Sprint 2 years ago. My account was set up wrong and my phone couldnt roam. After about 30 calls to customer service and getting the same "take out the battery etc" I dumped them since I was still within my 30 days and it became clear they couldnt fix it. Best decision I made.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hopefully it will be a quick resolution.

As far as "ready to leave a carrier after one bad incident" I've been with Verizon for 10 day, so I have no loyalty what so ever to them. My Sprint sevice was good, but they don't have the Droid, which I wanted. The Verizon service at both my home and work is just so so. Maybe all of that is related to the phone hardware itself though.

Though, I am ranting as well, let's see how I feel tomorrow:)

I totally understand your frustration. Hope it gets resolved quickly.

GiantDroid

Reaction score
The Verizon service at both my home and work is just so so. Maybe all of that is related to the phone hardware itself though.

fwiw, if the Droid has bad reception in your area, it's doubtful that a different phone will work better (unless the device is actually defective).

I bought a Droid Eris for my wife when I bought my Droid. The Eris got no reception while I could make calls on the Droid standing in the same spot. Voice clarity was better too on the tests we did. I took the Eris back and got the Droid for her too. We've been happy with the service and the phones since.

Of course, ymmv.

OP
Tillers_Rule

Tillers_Rule

Reaction score
They replaced my phone with a brand new one. We'll see how this one holds out. Already noticed the tolerances aren't as tight, the display has a little clicking in the lower left side where it doesn't quite make contact with the phone body.