My Droid has lost its mind

Cmdates2991

Reaction score
Yesterday I flashed UD Froyo Extreme 3.0 and everything was peachy. It ran wonderfully and I was having no issues. This morning I wake up at 7a.m. for work and everything still going nice and easy. 20 Minutes ago hell broke loose and my phone began to flip out.

It started when I got off work and connected my car charger to my phone. I connect the charger, send a text, and the phone pauses then goes into the bootanimation. Thinking nothing of it (as this has happened before on other ROMS) I unplug the charger and let my phone rest. Then I get home and turn on my screen and it says Rom Manager has force closed and the android start-up from when you wipe your phone is up. Still calm I just reboot my phone. When it finally boots up again the android start-up is back again and just about every background app on my begins to repeatedly force close. So I just wiped and went to my last nandroid back-up out of instinct. Everything seems fine now but I must know if anyone has ever experienced anything like this?

bje1982

Reaction score
Yesterday I flashed UD Froyo Extreme 3.0 and everything was peachy. It ran wonderfully and I was having no issues. This morning I wake up at 7a.m. for work and everything still going nice and easy. 20 Minutes ago hell broke loose and my phone began to flip out.

It started when I got off work and connected my car charger to my phone. I connect the charger, send a text, and the phone pauses then goes into the bootanimation. Thinking nothing of it (as this has happened before on other ROMS) I unplug the charger and let my phone rest. Then I get home and turn on my screen and it says Rom Manager has force closed and the android start-up from when you wipe your phone is up. Still calm I just reboot my phone. When it finally boots up again the android start-up is back again and just about every background app on my begins to repeatedly force close. So I just wiped and went to my last nandroid back-up out of instinct. Everything seems fine now but I must know if anyone has ever experienced anything like this?

Search around the forum because Im assuming your using an aftermarket charger which has been known to "possess" your Droid.

If not then did you wipe data and cache before flashing the new rom? What kernal are you running? There is many factors that could contribute to your phone losing its mind.

OP
C

Cmdates2991

Reaction score
I've read the thing about chargers before but I've had this one for awhile now and it hs never affected it before. I didn't wipe data and cache before flashing though but the Rom it was in update.zip format. I did do a wipe before I went back to my old everything seemed okay but I needed my stuff I had stored on my phone back that's why I chose to go back to my previous nandroid.

OP
C

Cmdates2991

Reaction score
I experienced something like that to. Your phone might not have liked the kernel.
That may have been it. I don't really know much about kernels but I do know that I normally use medium voltage and this time I chose a low voltage one to see the difference between them.