MY droid has issues

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by droidmitch, Feb 1, 2010.

1. droidmitch

droidmitch New Member

Well i have been having a texting problem where it deleted my texts every once and a while randomly. Now it wont let me send texts sometimes and i need to retrty over and over again. Now sometimes when it turns onn it stays at the droid eye for 10 min then retstarts to the droid screen then back to the eye then finnaly on. Taking a total of 15 min to turn on.
    Seems a little redicuous then when i text i have all these issues to.

Anyone else have these problems??
  2. Matth3w

Matth3w New Member

Fort Huachuca, AZ (Originally from Pittsburgh, PA)
    I don't have those issues, but you should mention if you are rooted or not, etc so people know what apps you are running or what you have done to it (ie - overclocking, rooted, what rom, etc) so they can help you better. Also what relevant apps you are running. For example, if you are having a problem texting, people are going to want to know if you have Handcent, Chomp, OEM, etc.
  3. droidmitch

droidmitch New Member

okay well its not rooted running 2.01 and i use the stock messanger i really dont use any big apps that use alot of memory
  4. Matth3w

Matth3w New Member

Fort Huachuca, AZ (Originally from Pittsburgh, PA)
    I've never encountered those problems, but if you do a forum search, I know that some other people have. Personally if it was me, with no mods, no root, and OEM messaging application, I would be marching back to Verizon to get a new phone. Perhaps that is an overreaction though.

Hopefully some more people that have had this problem + solutions will be around for you shortly. Welcome to the forum!
  5. droidmitch

droidmitch New Member

okay thanks for your help
  6. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

I'm going to assume you are not rooted. What I would suggest you do is a factory reset. See if the performance doesn't improve. If it doesn't then get a replacement under warranty. If it does improve start adding your apps in one at a time. Probably an app is causing you issues.

Also if you have advanced task killer you may want to remove that. Although it is not my experience I have read many post from people who say that just doing that solved their issue.
  7. SSHGuru

SSHGuru New Member

Download Handcent and try that