My Droid has finally Bitten the Dust

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by lmg95, Apr 29, 2011.

1. lmg95

lmg95 New Member

In the middle of the night I dropped my droid as I have done many times. Put the battery back in, placed it in the dock and went to bed. I woke up to the alarm but the screen was just black (display was on but couldn't do anything). I pulled the battery to restart but all it does is turn the screen on with NO 'M' logo. I've only gotten into recovery once and I decided to a backup but alas, it froze up and now I haven't gotten to the bootloader or the 'M' logo since. I've had a handful of close calls but it looks like this one might be a goner.

Anyways, I may try to buy another original Droid on eBay so I can continue to use this fantastic Simply Stunning.

Thanks again Chevy!!!
  2. YankInDaSouth

YankInDaSouth Theme Developer Theme Developer

Sad news indeed - sorry to hear it!! Not sure if you're due for an upgrade (or if you can squeeze an early one out of Verizon) but Chevy has a TB ... perhaps you can continue the Simply Stunning trend on it - once Chevy gets things cranking on it that is :D
  3. lmg95

lmg95 New Member

I'll go into a store and see but online tells me not until September and they want $580 for TB!

:icon_ nono2:
  4. YankInDaSouth

YankInDaSouth Theme Developer Theme Developer

My personal experiences with Verizon I have always had better results on the phone. Those bozos at the store can't get things done.
  5. AndyMcDroid

AndyMcDroid New Member

Last month I had a problem with mine, and did not want to get a different phone. At the time Verizon had open enrollment for their extended warranty for $2 per month. I signed up and had a refurb replacement the next day. Despite the horror stories I've read about refurbs, this one has been fine. It might be worth check to see if enrollment is still open.
  6. JohnnytheK

JohnnytheK Well-Known Member

Ah nuts I just got the help I needed in the store. Both times I called the nice lady said "fat chance bozo". I go into the store and they say I'm due my update next month not next year. Who knows?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  7. hrdnhvy

hrdnhvy New Member

So will we see SS on the thunderbolt in the future?
  8. redoregon

redoregon Member

Yes. ChevyNo1's going to start working on it as soon as he gets done with 5.3 for the original Droid.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  9. hrdnhvy

hrdnhvy New Member

Excellent, Im due for an upgrade in July, I guess I know what ill be getting....
  10. lmg95

lmg95 New Member

Well it's back from the dead! Don't know how but I just kept trying to boot it up and one time it worked. Of course I still haven't turned it off or rebooted.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  11. FeedMeAStrayCat

FeedMeAStrayCat New Member

Nice man! I'm glad you got it back....

Haha i to have the original droid and even with these new fangle dangle phones around I'm still relatively happy with it. (Damn whipper snappers and their crazy phones!)

Then again I come from the mind frame of keeping your technology for as long as you can with as many hacks etc. to keep it going. Until that one final day where it's complete and utterly dead.