My droid gets here today!

Shill

Reaction score
Currently 7:45 AM. woke up early just incase fedex shows up early and I need to sign for the package. Probably not hitting the residential deliveries until later tonight I guess, they said it would be delivered by 7 PM. This is my first droid, the Samsung Fascinate, and I am switching from the Blackberry Curve 8330. I am extremely excited, will let you know what I think when I get it.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Good for you...... I have been curious about the Fascinate. Am looking forward to your comments. :icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

Nick177th

Reaction score
Root it. LOL! Just kidding. the screen on the Galaxy S line of phones is sick. I'm a D1 guy. Rooted and can't see me switching phones for anything that's out right now. Enjoy your new phone.

OP
S

Shill

Reaction score
Any words of advice as to my initial procedures? How picky are the batteries and how long should I charge it before I use it? Should I use it while it is charging, does it come pre-charged? register it before or after or while it is charging? Updates that need to be made, rooting is out of the question at the moment.

BigZig

Reaction score
With any battery you should fully charge before using it. You can use it while charging but most phone batteries do not come fully charged from the manufacturer

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Any words of advice as to my initial procedures? How picky are the batteries and how long should I charge it before I use it? Should I use it while it is charging, does it come pre-charged? register it before or after or while it is charging? Updates that need to be made, rooting is out of the question at the moment.

Batteries. First, the batteries do not require any conditioning. The new Lithium battery is ready to go. I would indeed charge it until it's full the first time, but after that you really don't need to worry about it.

You don't have to fully discharge it, just charge it whenever you feel like. Droid will shut down when it gets to 5% anyway.

Expect the battery use to be very high and to go down quickly. You can do all kinds of little things to help this out but I recommend purchasing an extra battery and a chargers. Wall chargers are 5.00 on ebay, you can pick up a battery on Amazon for 8.00.

Having a cradle and letting it charge when it's in the cradle and not in use is an excellent way to keep your charge I have two cradles with chargers.

These phones eat battery. You have been warned. Learn to live with it and you'll get peace of mind. If you are constantly fighting it you won't enjoy your Droid as much. I can't believe the ends people will go to save a little power on these things. You have a smart phone, why turn everything off if you're not going to use it?

Here's to hoping FedEx shows up soon! Enjoy.

OP
S

Shill

Reaction score
Seeing the delivery truck pull up in front of the house is usually like seeing superman fly in. I swear these guys should wear red capes. Always makes me feel like giving them a hug for delivering my package on time. I can only imagine i'm like a little kid turning the corner and seeing that shiny new bicycle under the tree.

OP
S

Shill

Reaction score
lets see who gets here first my guy is coming at 6 or 7 so we will know soon
Ah, so it's 4PM your time and 1PM my time. I was told it would be here by 7, which gives me another 6 hours. Hopefully it will be here in 2 though. Every little sound is bringing me up out of my seat and i stare out the front door. Bah, if only it hadn't been scheduled on garbage day...

Has been out on delivery for 6 hours, I can't imagine they schedule them much longer than an 8 hour delivery route.

superglen99

Reaction score
I take my charger to work cause I have plenty of down time and play games and surf the web on my phone so it would die if I didn't charge it. Keep screen brightness at the lowest visible setting for your environment as display is the number 1 battery eater. always lock the phone when not in use as this shuts the screen off. Keep wifi, bluetooth and gps off when not in use as well. All this will help save battery. Keep your charger with you or by an extra battery and charger

nooter99

Reaction score
Just thinking out loud here. If you are a male, please never mention the "shower" again! If you're female, then don't worry, it was totally appropriate.