My Droid Fried my SD card?

Jasko

Reaction score
so I was using my phone today as normal and it was freezing up, but wasn't completely frozen. I powered it down and turned it back on. When I powered it up, it said SD card removed and it was not recognizing it. I put it into an SD card reader plugged in by USB to my computer and it isn't reading through that also.

I switched out my camera's SD card into my phone and it reads that perfectly. I'm thinking my phone somehow fried the SD card.

My question is.... anyone ever experience this? Any remedies for this?

Also, I do pay the additional $6 per month for insurance with Verizon. I was wondering does anyone know if this would be covered by Verizon to replace my card?

Thanks in advance..

airborne3e9

Reaction score
ya...somehow my original 16gb card got fried...it gave me a message one day that it needed formated and i coudnt get my phone to read the card...i reformatted it and got a few weeks out of it b4 it fried 4good about a week ago...i switched to an 8gb i had layn around but still been having problems...now if i try using a 2.1 rom it initially reads the card fine then after a couple reboots it eventually gives me a message that no sd card is inserted...i do a nandroid restore to a 2.01 rom and wham my card gets read fine...i have no idea whats happening

OP
Jasko

Jasko

Reaction score
Oh, damn. Might be the phone then. I called Verizon and they are shipping me out a new 16GB card.... which they said costs about $85 and I need to mail back my fried card to them. So that's fine with me. I don't know if it's because of my 1 year warranty with the phone or the insurance I pay monthly, but I'm glad they were willing to replace it for me.