My Droid died?

xconwayx

Reaction score
I was sitting texting away on my droid, when it froze. No big deal, just kill it and start it back up. I am running Cyanogenmod's Froyo release and it is not overclocked. All I get when I start it back up is a lit screen, no sound no M logo. I can't even hold x to get into recovery.

EDIT

I just had my friend call my phone and it still functions, it seems the screen is what has failed.

Any help on fixing it?

Last edited:
OP
xconwayx

xconwayx

Reaction score
In the heat of freaking out last night, I posted that half coherent thread.

My backlight comes on, I do not get a picture ever. I can use screencast and everything works fine there. I can also unlock my phone and do other tasks as it will vibrate when doing so.

Can you manually replace the screen?

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Holding up on the d-pad while rebooting also displays nothing? This would be the screen used for RSD Lite.

Someone recently posted that Motorola replaces the screen for a little under 100 bucks. Give Verizon a ring and see what they say. With it being less than a year I bet warranty covers it and you can probably just get it swapped at your local store at no charge.

OP
xconwayx

xconwayx

Reaction score
Holding up on the d-pad while rebooting also displays nothing? This would be the screen used for RSD Lite.

Someone recently posted that Motorola replaces the screen for a little under 100 bucks. Give Verizon a ring and see what they say. With it being less than a year I bet warranty covers it and you can probably just get it swapped at your local store at no charge.

I am getting the phone replaced, ships tomorrow. I will be shipping my old unit back, and I have tried to use RSDlite to unroot my phone. It gets to the point where it tells me to manually boot the phone, but no matter what I do, I never get past it. Since my screen is rendered useless should I bother or is there something else to look for?

vzwtek

Reaction score

I am getting the phone replaced, ships tomorrow. I will be shipping my old unit back, and I have tried to use RSDlite to unroot my phone. It gets to the point where it tells me to manually boot the phone, but no matter what I do, I never get past it. Since my screen is rendered useless should I bother or is there something else to look for?

You could have just fixed the phone, slide the phone open, press and hold the T key, this puts it in networking mode, back up your data, and the reflashed it. But since you are getting a replacement, just do those steps to get your data.

Last edited: