My Droid died today!!!

silenceforus

Reaction score
Same problem. about three times now. Like they say. first run phone, bound to be problems.

Guindalf

Reaction score
Same problem here, too. Once was in the middle of a call.

I've had the occasional screen freeze too.

palawan

Reaction score
Could this be happening because of too many applications open? I have downloaded an apps killer to extend battery life. Maybe too many apps open? Just a thought.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Best Buy did an exchange for me, no questions asked. It wasn't related to this problem, but just thought it might be helpful if you bought yours at Best Buy.

DaHarder

Reaction score
Call me fortunate because my DROID has been nothing but anj absolute pleasure from the moment I first powered it up (crosses fingers).

murdermile

Reaction score
ive had the same issues since i started it up. im taking it in tomorrow for an exchange cause it crashed/froze again today too when my friend tried to wake it up. it went fuzzyscreened. no bueno. =[

palawan

Reaction score
Well I guess being the phones are made in China I am not suprised of all the problems reported so far on some of the phones.

Taina51

Reaction score
My phone also died after a few days only I couldn't get the battery door open. I took it to the VZW store and they replaced the battery door. Once the battery was taken out it started right away. My previous phone was a work horse, the Treo 650, and on occasion the samething would happen. Nothing is crash proof!

DigitalRapture

Reaction score
I think some of the updates to the phone depend on the battery being taken out for a reset. Point being, my email kept getting hung up in my Outbox. I reset the battery and the emails sent fine and I also received two messages that were sent from Verizon the day before.

I haven't had a problem since.

forkup

Reaction score
Could this be happening because of too many applications open? I have downloaded an apps killer to extend battery life. Maybe too many apps open? Just a thought.

Perhaps an app has been installed that isn't 2.0 compatible yet or has bugs.