1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

My droid 2 global can't read the memory card

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2 Global' started by pxndx89, Oct 2, 2011.

1. pxndx89

pxndx89 New Member

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums
  2. pxndx89

pxndx89 New Member

I berly today my gf got this issue for some reason it can't read the memory can anyone help me plz

3. silver6054

silver6054 New Member

First questions: can you read that card in a computer or another phone? Can you read another card in the D2G?
  4. pxndx89

pxndx89 New Member

Well we try in another phone..n its say unavalible file something like that....but some plp told me it might have a virus that's why I need some help

5. silver6054

silver6054 New Member

Is there stuff on the card you need? Otherwise try reformatting it on the other phone or on a computer (with antivirus protection on the PC if you are concerned). If you can read another card on the phone that rules out issues with the phone.
  6. pxndx89

pxndx89 New Member

Ok ill do what u said thanks a lot....if I have any more questions ill contact u again...ps...well I only pics n music n some school work that Is save on the memory

7. srfrmac87

srfrmac87 New Member

I ran into some problems. My thread outlines what I did. Don't really have time to run down it now, but if you have questions on what I am doing and my progress, feel free to ask here or message me.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=173843

The thread title is "SD card failure?" (without quotes) if your browsing from d2g. It is a basic outline of the steps I took to check the card and what I did when I figured out for sure it was going bad.

8. pxndx89

pxndx89 New Member

Well yeah it was something like that...but thanks I already make it works...thanks for the help u guys

9. lwags67

lwags67 Member

Just a thought. Make sure the SD card lock tab has not accidentally been moved to the locked position. Had that happen on two other non=phone issues and both times, the tab accidentally got moved to the locked position. Unlocked and all worked. Once in a camera and once in a usb stick.
Search tags for this page

why is my memory card not reading on my droid global