My Droid 1 Blew Up Last Night

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by dihtn, Sep 9, 2010.

1. dihtn

dihtn Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It started to just randomly re-boot. It would get to the home screen again and then start the reboot cycle. Did numerous battery pulls, soft resets to no avail. High-tailed it to the Verizon store. They are overnighting another Droid and should receive Friday. Heading out on vacation Saturday and really wanted to use the GPS. Fortunately I still had my Curve to use as a back up.

Has anyone else had that issue? I am assuming it was related somehow to the software upgrades?? The phone has been rock-solid up until last night.

2. DF Smod

DF Smod Silver Member

Ratings:
    +93
    There have been a lot of issues due to the software updates lately, thankfully they are getting a refurb out to you so soon

3. tomlist704

tomlist704 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My Daughter had the same issue, device was dead after software upgrade or should I say, she took it into Version for some after software update issues and they decided to do a complete reset without telling her. In addition, it did not help. Verizon did however send her a brand new Droid 2 for her problems. I am guessing they are running low of the original Droid do to this issue. Good luck!

4. Darkseider

Darkseider Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    OK... really your avatar freaks me out. Makes CK's avatar look tame.

5. Raven1r44

Raven1r44 Member

Ratings:
    +0

I think this hardly qualifies as "blowing up" when BB .3 first came out in its unstable version, my phone would often climb up to around 120-130 degrees Fahrenheit until I played around with the kernels, and the phone still never "blew up." it sounds like you arent rooted? might a reccomend making the switch to a rooted fr22 build and then running the update block by pete. good stuff!

6. dihtn

dihtn Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I sure wouldn't complain if I received a Droid 2!! :D

7. Draklo

Draklo New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My droid 1 is doing the same exact thing. It started this morning after I turned it off then on again. I went to the verizon store after work and they did a factory reset.
    The phone worked for awhile afterwards but now it just started doin the same thing over again.

If anyone finds a solution to this please post here! Thanks!

8. Draklo

Draklo New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Do you have the battery status - free app? That maybe the prob with makin it reboot over n over again.

9. glenn

glenn Member

Ratings:
    +0

I experienced the EXACT SAME THING yesterday morning. Endless sudden reboots. I did a factory reset and restored....same thing after an hour or so. Took it to Verizon store, they put a "patch" on it (blowing smoke I think). I went back to work, same thing again, endless reboots after an hour or so. Back to Verizon store again....they will overnite me a replace. Not sure what it will be but it will arrive today.
    I did have Battery Status on it ! I have since removed from my Appbrain and restored and it's working so far no problem all day. What is up with Battery Status ???? that seems to be the culprit !

10. Smokie

Smokie Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think I saw another thread somewhere saying that some virus scanner had an update from the market and that was causing a lot of system reboots like this.. are you running any virus scanner? have you updated any apps recently?

11. Abe21599

Abe21599 Super Moderator
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +31
    anyone experiencing this, try out this:

link 1, option 5 will put back to a stock phone. this will deal with it if its a software problem. this is more than a factory reset. worth trying if you think your phone "blew up"

just my suggestion if you are having frequent restarts

12. glenn

glenn Member

Ratings:
    +0

No virus software on mine....nothing.

Search tags for this page

is it i blew up your phone last night or i blew your phone u