My Dinc has a couple annoying glitches

Logan176

Reaction score
I love my Dinc but here are a couple of the glitches I'm seeing so far.

Volume Rocker: Most of the time it works just fine. But every now and then when I press the rocker the media volume pops up. Now I expect this to happen in a game... but this is happening from the home screen.

Answering a Call:
When in sleep mode and I there is an incoming call I should be able to slide the "screen unlock" bar to answer the call. In the last month, I have missed about 5 calls because the screen freezes up in this situation. The only way I know of to get past this glitch is to press the button on the top left side of the phone... but this cancels the call.

Cobraxxx

Reaction score
I've had the screen freeze when answering after the 2.2 OTA. It have work fine the last 2 days, hope it stays that way

alitke

Reaction score
The screen thing is known to happen on iPhones, Android phones, and probably most other touch screen devices. If you google it you will find people complaining but it happens generally so rarely that no one really cares it seems.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Logan, you may do well with a hard reset judging by some of your problems. That sounds like something has gotten into your programming. Maybe even third party app causing your issues.

OP
L

Logan176

Reaction score
I've had these issues since I first got the phone. Since that time I've performed a hard reset twice for other reasons but these two glitches remain.

Humpa

Reaction score
I've had these issues since I first got the phone. Since that time I've performed a hard reset twice for other reasons but these two glitches remain.
If you cannot get rid of issues from a factory reset, then return/exchange the phone.

drtnsnw

Reaction score
If you cannot get rid of issues from a factory reset, then return/exchange the phone.

Sounds like good advise here. People seem pretty reluctant to exchange there phones through warranty. I just had one exchanged because of a boot loop problem

Chris

Humpa

Reaction score

Sounds like good advise here. People seem pretty reluctant to exchange there phones through warranty. I just had one exchanged because of a boot loop problem

Chris
Yeah, though I can see why someone would be reluctant. It isn't always easy when the problem is not so cut and dry. And they'll probably want to factory reset again and tell you to see if it still does it and come back if it does. So I like to go in there with a bit of an embellished story - and also a freshly factory reset phone. And steer away from talking about what you read on forums/internet. Or, depending, I may first call 611 and talk my way up some chain there and try to get them to notate my account as authorized for a warranty exchange or get them to send me one.