My desk cradle has overtaken my home button.

JoshRoss

Reaction score
I have a Samsung Continuum, not rooted (yet), and since yesterday everytime I hit my home key, the desk cradle pops up. Any help?

OP
JoshRoss

JoshRoss

Reaction score
I'm giving this a bump, just because I'm wondering if rooting would solve this?

jchammer123

Reaction score
I don't have a the same phone, but, what do you mean your desk cradle pops up?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
JoshRoss

JoshRoss

Reaction score
Like when I hit the home key, instead of it taking me to my home screen, it loads the desk cradle.

jchammer123

Reaction score
Have you changed anything in settings at all? If not, rooting might help because you'd be able to wipe the cache or do a factory reset which would probably clear it up. Or you could take it in and have it looked at if you don't want to void a warranty (if you still have a warranty).

OP
JoshRoss

JoshRoss

Reaction score
Well what I dont understand is how it started. Just randomly a couple of days ago it started doing this. I haven't installed any sketchy apps or attempted to change anything.

jchammer123

Reaction score
My phone does things like that sometimes. I have a D1 and the other day, every time I hit the "g" button on my physical keyboard my gmail would open. It started out of nowhere. I am rooted, so I went into recovery, wiped cache and dalvik cache, rebooted, and its been fine since.

I couldn't tell you why these things happen, lol. I don't know what kind of developer support your phone has, but I can say, rooting is the best thing I have done for my phone! I would look around and see how many roms and kernels are available for your phone. Even if there's not a lot, you'll stil be able to perform some maintanence on your phone yourself, plus many other features.