My day with the Iphone....Really missed my droid!!

Discussion in 'Iphone on VZW' started by bamaboy74, Feb 10, 2011.

1. xRITE AIDEx

xRITE AIDEx Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Coming from a droid1 overclocked etc. I received my iphone monday and have been loving it. Granted the only real thing I miss is the green light but I'm getting used to not having it. I loved my droid but wanted to take a dive on the iphone and pretty much I wanted my itunes stuff to stop going to waste.

My favorite part of the iphone is that it just works and just glides over what my droid used to do(it started to get slower even overclocked) I know 99% of this forums hates the iphone but seriously quit with the hate.

2. bamaboy74

bamaboy74 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Im not hating and i didnt start this to hate on the Iphone. I was just stating how my day went and why the Iphone wasnt for me. I realized i used the status bar and the notification lights more than i thought. For example....i Played golf yesterday and i always put my phone in the cup holder on the cart. And with it on silent i never knew i had a message because i didnt have the green light with the Iphone. And during the round i was looking over to it because i was use to having it on my droid. And i work in a place where ear plugs are worn all day and night. So thats a feature i need and have got use to having. And the status bar is a big plus for me too. The Iphone is a nice device. But after having it for one day i realized it wasnt for me. To each their own. i happen to like a ford. But some like chevy,s. I play with Pings my buddies play with Nike. So just get what you want and like and what gives you the features to fill your everyday life!!

3. xRITE AIDEx

xRITE AIDEx Member

Ratings:
    +0
    taylormade burners ftw ;)

got my father to switch from ping to taylormade

4. Droid_Boi86

Droid_Boi86 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    the only device that had an apple logo on it was my Ipod. for music, nothing else
    my first smartphone? a Droid, well a Droid X. i got hooked auto-magically and nver looked for another. when i hear Smartphone, without hesistatin i think Android haha! Smartphone=Iphone??..what?? really?..lol,

5. jrl9851

jrl9851 Member

Ratings:
    +0

I've owned the original iphone, iphone 3g, and iphone 3gs. And I've spent a TON of time with the iphone 4.

I hate it.

6. cpjr

cpjr Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So, if you've owned all 4 models, then it took you over 3 years to figure out you hate it.....really?

7. HolyGrail

HolyGrail Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    For what you hate, we wouldn't have the android device we now love. Seriously, this ....in order for my device to win, the other has got to lose....has got to stop. Its stupid. Why wouldn't you want options and choices to choose?

If there were only two car dealerships to choose from, wouldn't the same idiotic argument happen? Choices is a good thing. The more different devices the better.

I also want to point out the arguments of Android as a open platform. Its open....but not to us. Apple make a close system because its their platform, but its similar with what android manufactures do also.

Android is a open system, but as soon as Motorola gets there hands on it they put what they think we should have then lock it down. Same with HtC, Samsung, etc....... Its an open platform UNTIL MANUFACTURES GET THEIR HANDS ON IT, and they will continue to try blocking with patching exploits that allow root. Jailbreaking, rooting, allows for these to be truly open, but who's to say how long that will last, because all manufactures will keep trying to block you.

#19 HolyGrail, Feb 12, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2011
  8. jrl9851

jrl9851 Member

Ratings:
    +0

Yes. Do you know how apple fanboys think? I was one of them.

When I say I hate them, I mean NOW, because I discovered Android. Only reason I ever gave android a shot was because I was tired of AT&T. If I never had dropped calls with AT&T, I would probably still be with an iphone. So I thank AT&T for dropping my calls.

9. aaf709

aaf709 Nice Guy
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +49
    I'll be honest; if Verizon had the iPhone when the Voyager came out, I probably would've gotten the iPhone.

That being said, any appreciation I had for Apple mobile items went away when my iPod froze. Normally that could be solved with a battery pull, but no; I had to go to an Apple store, wait for a tech and get the secret. Yes they were helpful and I might've gotten the answer via the Internet, but the fact that I couldn't even change the battery stuck with me.

10. Tillyswilly

Tillyswilly Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey I had the voyager also and u better bet I would have jumped on it but not now droid all the way....yea my girls iphone did the same thing a few weeks ago but its a lot easier 2 pull apart than the ipod for sure

Don't blame me my head and hands posted it.

11. 04CiviCon20s

04CiviCon20s Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well Said...It's a personal "CHOICE and OPINION" and to reiterate your point, its not right or wrong whichever way you go. Me personally, Am not crossing over to The "I" EVER..ANDROID has way too many "CUSTOMIZABLE" options for me to walk away from..Luvin My DX more EVERYDAY..With all the Custom ROMS that get dropped almost everyother day, it keeps the Device fun to mess with and Cannot Get bored of the same thing over over over again..