My day with the Iphone....Really missed my droid!!

Discussion in 'Iphone on VZW' started by bamaboy74, Feb 10, 2011.

1. bamaboy74

bamaboy74 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well i went this morning and got one(still have my OG). I figured i would give the Iphone a whirl since im now on my 3rd OG Droid. Well after only 12 hours of using the Iphone 1) i miss the green little light that tells me i have messages. That dang thing is handy. You never understand what you have till its gone. 2) Widgets....some people may not use them...i used a few. 3) Navigation.....i didnt use it on a everyday basis....but it was there if needed. 4) The sound DROID when a message came my way. HAHAHAA. 5) The status bar is really missed. That thing is a real miss. 6) The manditory 2 year contract really sucks. If i was to stick with the Iphone i would miss the next 2 versions that would come out. This phone will appeal to alot. to each their own. But i miss alot of the features the droid offers. The Iphone display is really awesome. It has alot of perks. I guess im just use to having other options from my droid. Sorry for ranting but i just wanted to give my 2 cents. Sorry if this offends anybody but its my opinion on the 2 phones. So with that said....Im sorry for leaving for a day!!! THUNDERBOLT Hurry up and get here!!!!!

2. randy10786

randy10786 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Why would anyone even bother with the Icrap? I really dont understand the hype, especially with all the new Droids coming out soon. Personally, Im waiting for the D3 to release later this year, I have my original Droid to get me through til than dancedroid

3. Miniblue

Miniblue Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Very happy with my rooted droid. 13 months and counting.

4. cpjr

cpjr Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Have you ever used one? Most likely not.

For every person that hates the iphone and loves android, you will find someone that hates android and loves the iphone. Who's right? Neither.

It all depends on the person and their likes and/or needs. Just like many of the android phones out, it is an excellent device...hardware wise, its probably one of the best.

5. iNfAMOUS702

iNfAMOUS702 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I got myself an iphone b4 the og droid came out and even back then..jailbroken and everything I was unimpressed and very bored..very very bored with the iphone..yes I know everyone has their own personal taste but I just don't get whats so great about the iphone..i was more than willing to pay an early termination.fee with at&t just to get the og droid on launch day..best move ever :D

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

6. New2u

New2u Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +83
    For all the people that actually hate the iphone, in my personal experience most never actually used it for awhile, or at all. They hate it for the simple fact that it's apple. While i am no fan of apple, I know that the iphone isn't just a worthless piece of junk either. Both are nice phones, for my preference i go with android.

7. matthewthegreat

Ratings:
    +0
    I find icrap boring. I've never used a Iphone (no at&t here) but I have used a ipad and ipod touch. After playing with my friends Ipad for about 2 hours I lost interest in it and went back to my droid. Apple devices are not much more then app jukeboxes but the droid is like a computer in my pocket. Plus, I hate DRM, I really, really don't like being told what I can and can't do with my device.

Some people may like apple's stuff but it's definitely not for me. Long live android dancedroid

8. Tillyswilly

Tillyswilly Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have an ipad and I love it just for school bc I write my papers and stuff on it but my girl has a iphone and I hate that thing it has apps and a web browser that's it u can jailbreak it and do a theme but that's about it by right now apple it coming out with a update about a month after a jailbreak is released so really what do u gain like the guy above said no notification bar ar anything I will pass.....D3 get here NOW!!!

Don't blame me my head and hands posted it.

9. rubrown

rubrown New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm on minute 10 of using my uncles i4. I'm an og droid user, rooted, oc'ed.

So far the iPhone is pretty impressive. The screen is freaking gorgeous, the size/weight of the phone is spot on, and the keyboard is spaced really well to make typing very easy.

As far as notifications are concerned, they seem to just pop up. I don't know what happens if you miss it though.

Overall impressions: the phone is smooth as butter, extremely fast, and dead sexy. Personally, I would stick with the droid family because I hate having to scroll through a million apps; I'm a widget whore. Also, even though I didn't like it at first, I love the notification bar on the droid. Especially once I converted to the black bar.

.02 cents

10. bamaboy74

bamaboy74 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well i just got back from dropping the Iphone off where i picked it up. And i walked out with a X. I went with a one year contract. So this time next year ill be on here doing the same thing. Trying to decide which phone i want!!! :) I could have waited on the thunderbolt....but im not really a big fan of what the prices that are floating around are gonna be. Maybe everyone is wrong on them but, there is to many people saying they are gonna be high. Plus after some thought....i dont want the first phone out on the new 4G. just my opinion on it. So its me and the X for a year!!! And im happy to have my green notification light back and status bar!!!

11. Cyberpolice

Cyberpolice Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Preference will fill everyone needs individually. Both phones are great in my opinion.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

12. champaned_out

champaned_out Member

Ratings:
    +4
    I played around with all of the iphone versions and I tihnk the reason why its so popular to the rest tof the world is exactly why most of us don't like it here... its too simple... you have button and a screen and while the hardware on the iphone is excellent and runs as smooth as butter... there's not much to customize on the iphone... which is why it fails so hard to the hacking community.. on the other hand.. people that have no clue what roms are or even know that its possible to overclock our phones believe the iphone is the best because its so simple to use and its quick and stylish