My D2G Just Completely Died.

OP
M

mcdonagh.matthew

Reaction score
If you decide you need to go through Asurion then make sure you tell them you dropped it or something so you cann claim physical damage.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Whats the upside of claiming physical damage? They're less likely to try to boot it up or refurb it and use it a replacement unit?

This is an issue with the hardware, stupid display is dead. Will they charge the $90 deductible if it was a drop?

xrp861

Reaction score
Yup just$ $90 bux. But u still gotta do something in his spare time lol. He would have to do a claim online to get it next day tho.

biknut1

Reaction score
Sbf

Where to go from here? Well as I said, I want to get this bad boy back to stock, because I still think there is a hardware issue going on. I didn't change anything from a ROM or software standpoint in over 2 weeks so I don't think this was caused by software. I'm trying to think of a way to use RSD, WITHOUT opening the keyboard. That (for some reason) seems to be the root of my problem. How can I get into boot recovery without holding up-arrow? Liberty has a "recovery safe mode" setting that causes each reboot to boot into bootstrap. Would that work?

With all the posts I have seen that say otherwise, I am not going to advise doing this- just sharing my own personal experience.

I SBF'ed my phone a week and a half ago. While I was doing that, I was playing around with something else at my desk. I wasn't paying attention to the SBF or the phone, and I forgot to put it in bootloader! I was about to panic when I looked at the screen and started seeing some writing changes. It automagically went into Bootloader on it's own.

When I finished SBF'ing, I forgot to catch it at the 99% or whatever. It finished everything up just fine, no problems.

Again, I'm not recommending this, but that's what happened to me.

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
There is a app in the market not sure the name of it is but let's you boot to the boot loader google android app that let's you boot to boot loader

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
M

mcdonagh.matthew

Reaction score
claim filed, approved, arrives tomorrow :)
So I guess Steve at the store failed to put a notation on your account!

haha I would say so, I've got my new D2G in hand.

...Now the question is do I root and ROM again? EEEEEEEK.:icon_eek:

I mean, I don't think what happened was the fault of any of the ROMS or anything, just a hardware issue that unfortunately I wasn't able to get a new phone for because I was unable to SBF.

Decisions decisions.

keolawills

Reaction score
Next time if you can't flash to stock or sbf just tell asurion you lost your phone and its all good. You have to pay the deductible but no questions asked.

blacked out fission d2g