xrp861

Reaction score
Yup it works for certain! Just hold power + and both vol keys

OP
M

mcdonagh.matthew

Reaction score
Yup it works for certain! Just hold power + and both vol keys

Wonderful, I am going to review the RSD Lite instructions I found on here (worked for me before) just to make sure I've got it all figured out. Then hopefully I'll SBF this puppy back to stock. Then I can walk into a different VZW tomorrow morning before work and get the ball rolling on a replacement.

Updates to come re:sbf flash.

xrp861

Reaction score
I dont see you having any problems after that from vzw being there will be no trace of any custom files. I just hope if your battery is low your d2g will charge if its too low for rsd.

gsdreams

Reaction score
Why don't you just call tech support? They can ship you a phone, which is all a store is going to do. Then you already have it on its way.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

xrp861

Reaction score
He is going to he just has to reflash to stock to do so. Thats what this whole thread was about lol :p

OP
M

mcdonagh.matthew

Reaction score
XRP: I was able to get into boot mode, you rock!

gsd: Great idea, I'll call the second my phone is back to stock (no other phone, haha so at this point I need to wait till I finish with the flash).

xrp861

Reaction score
Not a problem sir i think theres another way to get into that as well without the screen open. I do belive vol up+ cam+ power works as well.

OP
M

mcdonagh.matthew

Reaction score
Flash Failed :icon_eek:

It was working fine (I've done a rsd sbf before), and was progressing normally. Then it said Failed. I checked it out and it said something about not being able to find the Motorolla Flash Interface? I'm going to try it again so I can get the exact error message.

And now the display is again dead. Idk how to revive it other than simply wait. Twice now this has allowed me to use the phone (only in portrait, but its something).

gsdreams

Reaction score
You don't have a neighbors phone you can use? If you can call in and say your screen is dead and that you already did a hard reset (make sure you do an activation). They shouldn't even question it. If you are on the west coast and can call by 5 you might be able to have your phone tomorrow.

OP
M

mcdonagh.matthew

Reaction score
You don't have a neighbors phone you can use? If you can call in and say your screen is dead and that you already did a hard reset (make sure you do an activation). They shouldn't even question it. If you are on the west coast and can call by 5 you might be able to have your phone tomorrow.

It's NYC, knocking on neighbors doors is strangely frowned upon. haha. You guys are all being awesome. Once I get the screen back on (hopefully), I'll call them and get the ball rolling.

Some people seem to be indicating my best bet (if I can't get the flash complete) is to go through Assurian and NOT VZW.

What's everyones take on that?

xrp861

Reaction score
Where exactly did it fail at? Cause mine failed at 99% and it was the drivers i was using i have the files on my net book once i charge it. Well thats if you dont google it first and find them lol.

gsdreams

Reaction score
If you decide you need to go through Asurion then make sure you tell them you dropped it or something so you cann claim physical damage.

OP
M

mcdonagh.matthew

Reaction score
Where exactly did it fail at? Cause mine failed at 99% and it was the drivers i was using i have the files on my net book once i charge it. Well thats if you dont google it first and find them lol.

Yeah I had to grab the updated drivers last time I did an RSD just to get the program to see my phone.

The one thing I didn't do this time around was this step:
So far this has all been routine and you're thinking "so what?". This next part is what will get you a result of PASS instead of a warning about destroying your phone. After clicking Start the flashing process goes through several distinct steps. At some point there will be a bit of a delay with RSD Lite showing a status of "Phone[0000]: Waiting for re-enumeration". After that is when the actual flashing happens. When the flashing has completed, RSD Lite is going to issue a "reboot-bootloader" command to your phone. Unfortunately the Droid does not appear to implement the reboot-bootloader command correctly and does a normal reboot instead. If you don't "catch the boot" by holding up on the dpad key the OS will boot. Just before sending the reboot instruction to your phone the status in RSD Lite will change to "Phone[0000]: Phone is being rebooted". On your phone the screen will change to "SW Update Complete" (unless the message has been changed by the person who built the SBF) and your phone will reboot shortly thereafter. You want to be already holding the dpad key up when this happens. If you followed the instructions for Step 8 you have pre-read this step and knew to be ready for this. If not, your phone is probably already rebooted into the OS. If you miss it and the phone boots the OS it's no big deal (unless the instructions for the particular SBF you're flashing say otherwise). If that happens, let the phone finish its boot, and then just do a shutdown like normal. Then press/hold up on the dpad key and power back on. RSD Lite is patient and will wait.

Thats the only thing I did differently with this flash (that failed) as opposed to the previous (that worked). I didn't do this step because I was afraid to open the keyboard to hit the up key because opening the keyboard is what causes these problems in the first place you know?