1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

My current list of 4.6 Issues..

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by DatacomGuy, Aug 10, 2010.

1. DatacomGuy

DatacomGuy New Member

Curious if anyone is experiencing the same.

1. in 4.6, seems to be a ton more sluggish. Takes almost 15-25 seconds to redraw, and response to selecting an app or something from the notification dropdown takes about 7 seconds. Whoa. If it helps, I use LauncherPro..

2. I can't view MMS texts.. can't view pictures, cant view videos. This was fine in 4.5

3. A2SD stopped working

I had something else, but can't remember. These three are most important, and probably going to reflash to 4.5, which sucks.

EDIT: Forgot some details. I did a wipe when I installed 4.6 because I was having issues with kernels with 4.5. 3 wipes, 3 cache wipes. I've reinstalled LauncherPro.
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2010
  2. BoostedSchemes

BoostedSchemes New Member

Damn, its so frustrating that issues arise rather randomly for people. I have none of your issues with 4.6 but I have them with... 4.4? that were fixed with an sd format + reinstall.
  3. iflybyu77

iflybyu77 New Member

Are you using a task killer? I methodically started killing off apps till only my task killer was left. Task KillerX I believe. Once I uninstalled that, things started running snappy again. Reinstalled all the old apps sans the task killer (still no task killer) and my 4.5 is still running with only minor redraw issues. Prior to this, the phone was darn near infuriating speed-wise.

I read someone else having luck with removal of task killers - I wasn't a believer till I tried it. Something odd is going on..
  4. Porterhouse0

Porterhouse0 New Member

uninstall all task killers that u have unstalled. download "autokiller" from market. go to menu>presets...apply "aggressive" preset. then go to menu>settings and make sure "apply settings on boot" is checked. things will get snappy!
  5. Jim 777

Jim 777 Active Member

4.6 is my first Chevy ROM and starting yesterday I was having HUGE issues with leaving apps, settings or ??? and the home screen taking forever to repopulate. Hell I've even once again tried uninstalling setCPU and letting Juice Defender control CPU to see if that helps.

Just uninstalled Task Panel to see if that helps. If it seems to, I'll try autokiller.
  6. CypherAZ

CypherAZ New Member

I'm actually going to try a few different roms. I love Chevy's work but the home screen redraw, and overall lag right now can make my phone unusable at times. And yes i've tried all the workarounds and stuff that people post on a daily basis.

Issues started for me in 4.4, and haven't gotten any better. Hopefully I will find someone comparable elsewhere.
  7. DatacomGuy

DatacomGuy New Member

Let me know what you find. i LOVE Simply Stunning.. have been using it since early v3 and LOVE it.. but it is getting too unstable for me :(

I do have advanced task killer installed but I don't use it or run it. I'll uninstall it, but i dont use it.
  8. CypherAZ

CypherAZ New Member

Sadly I switched to CyanogenMod 6 RC2 w/ Chevy's uLow 1.25 Kernel and the difference is pretty "Stunning," no pun intended. No redraw issues!

I think that Chevy's ROM might have a memory leak, or hole. I noticed that before I switched the amount of available memory was very low all the time (10-15mb range). I switch to CyanogenMod 6 RC2, same apps, launcher, etc....and I always have 40-50mb of available memory. /me shrugs!

Hopefully Chevy can get things turned around, I already miss a lot of the features in in SS. But I can't have an unstable phone.
  9. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

I believe I may have resolved this in 4.7 - so any of you having these issues, pls make sure to download 4.7 when it is available and provide feedback
  10. DatacomGuy

DatacomGuy New Member

I might need to try another to see if that helps. I'm the same, I can't have an unstable phone and it seems to FC or get screwed up when i need it most (while making or needing to make a phone call)

Thinking of checking out kangerade/lithium..
  11. DatacomGuy

DatacomGuy New Member

I hope so, I dont want anything other than SS really. :(

Any ETA by chance?
  12. DatacomGuy

DatacomGuy New Member

To update, we found the solution. I had a widget or two and handcent and another app or two that were on the SD card that were causing all the lags and delays.

I moved over to phone, reboot, and life is beautiful. Runs snappy and quick again.

Thanks Larry!
  13. ChevyNo1

Oh really - good info!

Also - I've been doing a LOT of testing against CM's latest build - pretty much the only differences are:

CM has disabled desktop rotation in stock Launcher2. Could ALSO be the reason why some of you think it's faster. It certainly would be with that disabled.

The better solution is to use another Launcher, like ADW. That alone seems to open up around 20MB of RAM.
  14. CypherAZ

CypherAZ New Member

I switched to CM w/ LauncherPro (Screen Rotation), and it still doesn't lag.

vs.

SS4.6 w/ LauncherPro
  15. DatacomGuy

DatacomGuy New Member

What kind of available ram do you guys have running 4.6?

I have 44 after a reboot, but average around 35.
  16. ChevyNo1

And you're getting lag in SS4.6 with LP? Does CM have compcache?

Also, I would expect that you wouldn't see lag with LP and screen rotation on ... I believe the issue with screen rotation is with the STOCK launcher, which is why CM turned it off (the default build has it ON).
  17. deslotnick

deslotnick New Member

I'm on 4.6 and its my first simply stunning. I loooove it but I'm having trouble with sending emails, it just keeps them in outbox saying "sending..." is this a rom problem even?
  18. ChevyNo1

Gmail? I haven't had any issues - haven't heard any reported either ..
  19. deslotnick

deslotnick New Member

Ok, no worries ill figure it out...keep on keepin on.
  20. mikedawn25

mikedawn25 New Member

Loved SS 4.5, only minor issues.
    4.6 Seems to be very unstable and seem to get worse as the day progresses or intill reboot/battery pull. Started with wipe several times, clean install, no apps on the SD card.
    Going to have to switch ROM real soon, when is the release date for SS 4.7?