my cheek is hanging up calls

galenight

Reaction score
Help! Sometimes while on a call, I must cheek something on the call screen and it will either disconnect the call, or make the other person unable to hear me. It's not the mute button as I have tried to click it and nothing happens. It is also not lit up. I do try to hold the phone away from my face, and I rarely hold the phone between my face and shoulder (although if I do, it's more likely to happen). Any suggestions?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It would be a little helpful if we knew what phone you had, but I think the same rule applies to all of them. There is a proximity sensor on the phone that makes the screen go dark when you're talking on it. Now if you have long hair I understand this can interfere with the proximity sensor. If that's the case then just move your hair to the other side of your head.

evor1

Reaction score
hmm? I think he means his cheek is hitting the end call button. ive had my screen go dark during calls many times but it never cuts the call.

longrifle325

Reaction score
My wife had same problem! Downloaded "myLock phone tools" for her, no more accidents! Free in the market

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

superglen99

Reaction score
My wife had the same problem with 3 droid 1's. The screen was even dark cause the proximity sensor, weird

OP
galenight

galenight

Reaction score
My lock phone tools also worked for me. Thanks for the tip. And contrary to many of the reviews, I've not had issues with it not working, or covering up the caller ID.

tnronin

Reaction score
Daughter has had this issue, hope if does.... THANKS